Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are the KHSAA football playoffs...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many classes and too many teams from each class get in the playoffs.

 

I don't know if "broken" is the right word but I would like to see the KHSAA dictate a little more to the member schools instead of giving the schools whatever they want with football classification/playoffs.

 

Where is the Board of Control when you need them!?

Look what he is comparing too. An Ohio system that has 4 times the amount of teams that you can go undefeated and not get in the playoffs. Joe needs to stick to Ohio sports and let a real sportscaster worry about whats going on in Kentucky.

There are too many classes and too many teams from each class get in the playoffs.

 

I don't know if "broken" is the right word but I would like to see the KHSAA dictate a little more to the member schools instead of giving the schools whatever they want with football classification/playoffs.

 

Where is the Board of Control when you need them!?

I agree, but if we all remember correctly, the schools did not want this. They put a ballot out with three options, the other two options garnered the majority of the vote, but due to there being three options, this format won by splitting the vote.

I agree, but if we all remember correctly, the schools did not want this. They put a ballot out with three options, the other two options garnered the majority of the vote, but due to there being three options, this format won by splitting the vote.

 

All I can say is I have heard from powers that be that the member schools like lots of classes and lots teams in the playoffs.

Doesnt Butler's win vs Ryle and win vs Male make the arguement the playoffs are perfectly fine?

All I can say is I have heard form powers that be that the member schools like lots of classes and lots teams in the playoffs.

 

They should, every other sport everyone gets in, why should football be different.

All I can say is I have heard form powers that be that the member schools like lots of classes and lots teams in the playoffs.

The majority voted for Option 1 - two teams from each district making the playoffs and Option 2 - three teams from each district make the playoffs. Put due to three options, Option 3 - four teams making the playoffs won.

 

I think what they mean, the majority of schools in 6A like it this way.

They should, every other sport everyone gets in, why should football be different.

Have you talked the four seed players? I know for a fact they don't like it, they say it every chance they get, but the adults don't listen.

Doesnt Butler's win vs Ryle and win vs Male make the arguement the playoffs are perfectly fine?

 

I think it shows exactly the opposite because it is such an anomaly.

I think it shows exactly the opposite because it is such an anomaly.

Seems like a great number of tremendous blowouts tonight.

The majority voted for Option 1 - two teams from each district making the playoffs and Option 2 - three teams from each district make the playoffs. Put due to three options, Option 3 - four teams making the playoffs won.

 

I think what they mean, the majority of schools in 6A like it this way.

 

I don't know enough about the process but I would say a three option vote is always dangerous.

 

At the same time I don't hear of any push for a change. Anyone?

Seems like a great number of tremendous blowouts tonight.

 

Exactly my point of the close ones being an anomaly.

I don't know enough about the process but I would say a three option vote is always dangerous.

Exactly. You will never get a complete conscience with three options, the first and second option will always split leaving you with an inferior system.

Exactly. You will never get a complete conscience with three options, the first and second option will always split leaving you with an inferior system.

 

What year was that vote?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.