Everything posted by Fletch_F_Fletch
-
Can Cooper stay in the game with Cov Cath?
Ooof Bold prediction. Ryle is struggling but played 2 teams wayyyy better than Coopers opponents. Multiple D1 athletes for both Cov and Lex Cath. You forget about the scrimmage where Ryle was 3 scores better, yes Cooper had players out. If you’re saying Cooper is now 3 scores better, will those missing players make up for 6 scores? Ryle contained Lee pretty good in that scrimmage.
-
Can Cooper stay in the game with Cov Cath?
So in a nut shell you are saying Cooper will beat Ryle this season?
-
Who can stop the Covington Catholic running clock streak?
Trinity will stop their running clock streak........wait, they won’t play them. I take it back
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic vs. 6A Cooper Predictions
CCH Defense is too good to allow Cooper to run. I’ll bet they put some serious pressure on the young QB and keep him from getting outside. Prob a bunch of 3 and outs
-
Ryle at Boone County
They still have some burners in Elijah Cusick and Max Inabnit. They can get the edge. Boone has a stud LB but he will have to play side line to side line on Friday
-
Dieonte Miles Commits To Xavier
Just add Miles to the list of ASAP D1 athletes. I’ve said it on other posts, kids are missing the boat If they don’t train at ASAP. He single handedly got my son D1 offers. Made him quick and athletic. Trained him to run a 4.8 40 yd dash at a camp when he was 16 yrs old and 6’4” 255 lb Olineman. The coach told me he offered because he could moves. ASAP creates the measuresables that D1 coaches love. Congrats to Dionte and his Fam !!!
-
#1 team in the entire state is ....
Apparently Cal Preps are SK haters, either that or they must live in Triple Crown, lol
-
Is lack of QB development an issue at Ryle?
I disagree with your last point. I watched him at practice when he was in 8th grade. Just about every practice and game (my son was a 7th grader playing at the time). He was making varsity level passes as an 8th grader. If he would have stayed at Ryle, there was a good chance he would have started all 4 years. His passes had a noise to them, they whistled. I knew right then and there that he would be A D1 talent. Pretty accurate as an 8th grader too.
- NCAA Division I FBS Players From Kentucky High Schools
-
Is lack of QB development an issue at Ryle?
So was Coach Engler a QB Guru at Lex Cath or not?? Was he just an OC that had good talent?
-
Ryle 13 Covington Catholic 6 (JV)
Couldn’t agree more. That’s why I mentioned he needed to start guru’ing as he has not done up to this point. You are right, the skills and Offensive Line has been solid. There have been 6 D1 lineman in the past 6 years and the current freshman appear to be big too. Tanner and Chiz are freak players who can make bad coaches look good and bad players look better. You are spot on.
-
Simon Kenton 29 Meade County 28
Eventhough I was looking for drama and entertainment in my earlier post, your right, it is refreshing to see positive SK responses. But I still like to be entertained. You bring up another good point about SK squeaking out the win. It made me think of last year when SK squeaked our wins against Highlands and Beachwood. They have a knack for squeaking them out. Apparently The football gods smile upon Independance. Good for he players but bad for he coaches and parents I’m sure. But I’ve always thought that close W’s and L’s builds character. Let’s all come to a consensus on SK posts, how about 50/50. 50% drama and 50% positive. That way I can still be entertained. Lol
-
Ryle 13 Covington Catholic 6 (JV)
This does not surprise me. The current soph’s as Freshman scheduled super tough last year. So those that played today were probably ready. The current Freshman at Ryle are big and athletic. I think the future is bright at Ryle. Coach Engler was toughted out of Lex Cath as a QB guru, so he needs to start guru’ing. If he does, I like what the future holds. If he doesn’t start guru’ing, then the will be a continual #2/#3 maybe even #4 NKY team as Cov Cath continues to be strong, SK is SK and Highlands rebuilds. Can’t leave out Campbell county either. I really think Coach E could just concentrate on QBs and let his coaches be coaches.
-
Simon Kenton 29 Meade County 28
Come on guys, what Gives?? No action in this Post. In years past, SK posts always brought much drama and entertainment to this site. Where is everybody?? Entertain me !!!!
-
Life after AJ, what does Covington Catholic need out of his replacement at QB?
AJ a great player and IMO one of the best overall athletes ever in NKY, has been replaced. But replaced at QB. This kids performance vs Ryle was impressive as a Soph. At the end of the season his stats may be better than AJ’s as a Soph. Kid has tools around him but that’s not his fault, that’s the coaches fault. Someone better pay this coach big $$$ ornsomeone is gonna snatch him up.
-
Trinity 61 Ryle 14 (Scrimmage)
#3 Elijah Cusick is a Junior. Has 9 brothers and sisters. All great kids, one better than the next. Ryle coaches should thank their lucky stars that the Cusick Family pipeline resides in Union, KY. You probably heard his mom last night, she is literally a human megaphone cheering for that team, not lying you can hear her for miles. Even with all those kids, she volunteers countless hours for the Ryle Program.
-
Trinity vs. Ryle (scrimmage updates)
Let’s give Fear the Nation credit for posting in BGP while recording game film. Master multi tasker !!
-
Ryle 2018
I like it. My kid was OLine. No stats. Was too busy watching Chisholm and England stomp down the field to watch him pancake kids.......after the whistle, lol
-
Ryle 2018
No question, I’m no stat guy. Trying to do stats and tweet at he same time, needed 4 arms and 2 brains. Still don’t know how they keep Track of solos vs assisted. I’m really optimistic for Ryle this season. I really think they are crazy fast and athletic. Coaches hopefully Learned their lessons from last year. Losing Coach Wolfe is bad, but his replacement in Coach Collinsworth is a great move. Kids will run through a wall for him, and that adds a ton more to speed and athleticism even on Defense. Loose a bunch of starters on Oline. But they look good too. Jake Gideon committed to Western MI so he will just play mow people down.
-
Ryle 2018
As a Soph he started final couple games and into the playoffs defensive scheme with the other two LBs funneled everything to him so he got a bunch. He is the real deal but prob undersized for D1 Quick and can play sideline to sideline. Definitely D2 or D3 capable. Not sure about the stat keeping at Ryle. I sorta kept track as I ran the Ryle Twitter for the previous 2 seasons so I could tweet out plays and stats after games. Kids enjoyed that, but mine were definitely not official.
-
Ryle 2018
He is a beast, as a Soph had like 80 tackles in like 4 games. Wrapped up 20 in a semifinal game against Scott County as a Soph. And that was playing along 2 now D1 LB’s (Jackson High at UK and Collin Demetrakus at L’ville) He’s the real deal. Next to the Kelly kid from NCC he may be among the best in NKY
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
That’s why they play the games, right? Sounds like your boy had a great weekend on the gridiron. Hope he didn’t get any 15 yd penalties blocking after the whistle, lol.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
Agree rankings are meaningless especially pre season. But interesting that opinions are that different. Very different. Someone is impressed with Ryle and someone isn’t. Very interesting. I’ll try to remember to give kudos to whoever is correct.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
Strange SK at #8 but they have Ryle at #2 ahead of SK in the NKY preseason rankings.
-
Northern Kentucky Power Rankings: Pre-Season
FYI, Ryle LB Mason Smith graduated