Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 team in the entire state is ....

Featured Replies

Here we go. I was checking calpreps.com this morning and there it is. The current #1 team in the entire state is .... Covington Catholic.

 

Yes, it is early. Some teams have only played one game and that skews it a little. But, there it is.

 

Here are the top 25 calpreps.com Kentucky statewide rankings as of 8/26/18:

 

1. Covington Catholic

2. Trinity

3. Boyle County

4. Male

5. Corbin

6. Frederick Douglas

7. DeSales

8. Christian Academy Louisville

9. Bowling Green

10. South Warren

11. Lexington Catholic

12. Scott County

13. Mayfield

14. Highlands

15. Danville

16. St. Xavier

17. Central

18. Franklin Simpson

19. Butler

20. Henry Clay

21. Johnson Central

22. Beechwood

23. Owensboro

24. Ryle

25. Ashland

 

Here is the link to the site: calpreps.com

 

Let the bashing, crowing, naysaying and excuse making begin.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha. These are a joke right?

Hahaha. These are a joke right?

 

Magic number stuff.

Trinity rating 42.7 and Cov Cath 43.2 after 2 games. I would put zero stock in that with only 2 games. No doubt Cov Cath is great team, but I think Trinity would beat them,but we’ll never really know since they don’t play each other.

Based on these ratings, the Scott County at Highlands game should be a barn burner.

It's Trinity and this shouldn't even be debatable.

Moral victories count for some, I suppose.

I’m not sold that CovCath is better than Male let alone Trinity.

I’m not sold that CovCath is better than Male let alone Trinity.

 

Because they aren’t.

Trinity blew a 21 point lead. Really good teams don’t do that regardless of who they’re playing. Not sayin that they’re not #1 but I think there’s a solid argument for Cov Cath this year.

 

I think Cov Cath would have beaten T last year. This year remains to be seen.

Because they aren’t.

 

I agree with this guy.

Whether or not anyone thinks which ever teams are better than others, it’s never going to be known if they don’t play. With that being said, I believe that Cov Cath is more than capable of playing Trinity or anyone else in the state with what Eviston has done there. Would really like seeing Cov Cath play Trinity and other higher calliber teams in the state out of 6A.

 

For the most part, these rankings are laughable overall.

Cal prep rankings often look better come October after they have half a seasons worth of data to use. Early in the year it is quite funny to see what the computer says though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.