Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 team in the entire state is ....

Featured Replies

Trinity blew a 21 point lead. Really good teams don’t do that regardless of who they’re playing. Not sayin that they’re not #1 but I think there’s a solid argument for Cov Cath this year.

 

I think Cov Cath would have beaten T last year. This year remains to be seen.

 

Or Trinity actually plays teams that are capable of overcoming a 21 point deficit... CovCath plays exactly nobody.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or Trinity actually plays teams that are capable of overcoming a 21 point deficit... CovCath plays exactly nobody.

 

Just to be clear, what teams in the state would you consider somebody? Ryle and Henry Clay don't seem to qualify.

Just to be clear, what teams in the state would you consider somebody? Ryle and Henry Clay don't seem to qualify.

 

In state? Trinity, Saint Xavier, Male, Scott County, etc...

 

They play a couple of teams from outside the state, but no one that would magically make them better than Trinity.

In state? Trinity, Saint Xavier, Male.

 

They play a couple of teams from outside the state, but no one that would magically make them better than Trinity.

 

Not worried about who the best team in the state is. Of course the bigger schools in the largest metropolitan area of the state should be the best. Just find it interesting that all Kentucky schools outside of Trinity, X, and Male are a "nobody".

Not worried about who the best team in the state is. Of course the bigger schools in the largest metropolitan area of the state should be the best. Just find it interesting that all Kentucky schools outside of Trinity, X, and Male are a "nobody".

 

They are "nobody" when you're trying to argue a team is better than the best team in the state... For CovCath faithful to claim that CCH is better than Trinity is asinine at best, especially when they don't play anybody that would come within 3-4 touchdowns of Trinity. I understand that people hate Louisville schools, mostly because they don't beat them very often. But to claim you're better than the best, you need to at least play them. JMO.

They are "nobody" when you're trying to argue a team is better than the best team in the state... For CovCath faithful to claim that CCH is better than Trinity is asinine at best, especially when they don't play anybody that would come within 3-4 touchdowns of Trinity. I understand that people hate Louisville schools, mostly because they don't beat them very often. But to claim you're better than the best, you need to at least play them. JMO.

 

You need to show where a "CovCath faithful" has made the claim in this thread. I'll wait on that one.

 

I'll take your word people hate Louisville schools. I don't feel strongly either way.

 

I think a lot of people would enjoy a potential CovCath-Trinity matchup this year. Some years the game would be better than others. When you don't have 1,200 boys in the school, the strength of the the football team in a given year tends to ebb and flow.

You need to show where a "CovCath faithful" has made the claim in this thread. I'll wait on that one.

 

I'll take your word people hate Louisville schools. I don't feel strongly either way.

 

I think a lot of people would enjoy a potential CovCath-Trinity matchup this year. Some years the game would be better than others. When you don't have 1,200 boys in the school, the strength of the the football team in a given year tends to ebb and flow.

I’m curious. Why does the evidence have to be in this thread?

I’m curious. Why does the evidence have to be in this thread?

 

Mostly because I haven't read every post in every thread on BGP in regards to a potential CovCath-Trinity matchup.:lol2:

I think a lot of people would enjoy a potential CovCath-Trinity matchup this year.

 

I would love to see the Catholic Schools state wide play each other. The Catholic comraderie would add excitement to the games.

I would love to see the Catholic Schools state wide play each other. The Catholic comraderie would add excitement to the games.

 

I don't remember much camaraderie in 2008 when St. X took CovCath to the woodshed.

 

:confused:

I don't remember much camaraderie in 2008 when St. X took CovCath to the woodshed.

 

:confused:

 

Eh, those Xavierans think they are better than other Catholics, :)

Eh, those Xavierans think they are better than other Catholics, :)

 

It's cool, we got them back in basketball a few times...

 

:thumb:

Here we go. I was checking calpreps.com this morning and there it is. The current #1 team in the entire state is .... Covington Catholic.

 

Yes, it is early. Some teams have only played one game and that skews it a little. But, there it is.

 

Here are the top 25 calpreps.com Kentucky statewide rankings as of 8/26/18:

 

1. Covington Catholic

2. Trinity

3. Boyle County

4. Male

5. Corbin

6. Frederick Douglas

7. DeSales

8. Christian Academy Louisville

9. Bowling Green

10. South Warren

11. Lexington Catholic

12. Scott County

13. Mayfield

14. Highlands

15. Danville

16. St. Xavier

17. Central

18. Franklin Simpson

19. Butler

20. Henry Clay

21. Johnson Central

22. Beechwood

23. Owensboro

24. Ryle

25. Ashland

 

Here is the link to the site: calpreps.com

 

Let the bashing, crowing, naysaying and excuse making begin.

 

Here is the class by class ranking and overall down to No. 82 for those who want to go deeper.

 

I also suspect if Trinity beats Moeller that the Rocks will jump to No. 1.

 

Dlio27bW4AA4Flq.jpg

I’m curious. Why does the evidence have to be in this thread?

 

Because everyone that posts in the football thread knows it’s been said, especially last year. Limiting it to this thread means it must not have really been said.

You need to show where a "CovCath faithful" has made the claim in this thread. I'll wait on that one.

 

I'll take your word people hate Louisville schools. I don't feel strongly either way.

 

I think a lot of people would enjoy a potential CovCath-Trinity matchup this year. Some years the game would be better than others. When you don't have 1,200 boys in the school, the strength of the the football team in a given year tends to ebb and flow.

 

Its not in this thread, but it can be found several different places in the football forum over the last year or so.

 

Of course people would enjoy a matchup between the two teams. No one has said otherwise.

 

The number of boys is an excuse. Either you think CovCath is better or you don’t.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.