3A #3 Boyle County vs. #7 Lexington Catholic

Boyle is PHYSICAL on both sides of the ball. That will be a key for them in this game and in the playoffs. I think they are to much for Catholic

As an interested observer, this post, to me, is the key. I haven't seen Boyle, but DeSales played LexCath a couple of weeks ago and it was entirely one-sided, especially in the trenches. Lex Cath had one first down with a minute to go in the third quarter. The QB is really good and has some nice receivers, but he could not breathe until DeSales went into the "prevent yourselves from winning" defense. He picked them apart at that point. Without having seen Boyle, but knowing they held Danville to 10 points, I would look for Boyle to win this by at least two TDs, possibly more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I researched Boyle a little the other day... I really like the Paycheck kid a lot, FWIW.

Seems to be the heartbeat of this team. Love the effort he plays with and how he attacks the play. Not the biggest DLineman you will find, but the kid is a baller.

Plus, how can you not like a kid named "Paycheck"?

I researched Boyle a little the other day... I really like the Paycheck kid a lot, FWIW.

Seems to be the heartbeat of this team. Love the effort he plays with and how he attacks the play. Not the biggest DLineman you will find, but the kid is a baller.

Area Defensive Linemen of the year as a Junior. He most certainly will be in the discussion again this year. Between Paycheck and Wilson Kelly in the trenches, teams have had little success running between the tackles.

I have to admit, it is a pretty cool name.

Area Defensive Linemen of the year as a Junior. He most certainly will be in the discussion again this year. Between Paycheck and Wilson Kelly in the trenches, teams have had little success running between the tackles.

I think Hatter is having as good as year as Paycheck or Kelly. The 3 Boyle D Lineman are really really good up front and any team that has to double them means one less blocker on the linebackers. Sophomore LB Roller has really played well and improving each week. Our D backs are the best one on one tacklers I've seen at Boyle. The Defense alone will keep them in every game they play this year.

I think Boyle's Paycheck and a Healthy Christian Hill from Danville are two of the best in the state.

The Rebels have to be favored in this years regular season edition of this rivalry. The two plus TDs sounds right.

Desales Dad captured it well above. I watched most of that game on Prepspin and it was hard to watch.

The Knights will have to have a much better offensive night against Boyle than Desales. Perry's offense needs to be 'on' tonight and come out of the blocks early. The Knights will need a couple of quick-strike early scores to dampen the lively crowd. But if the Knights come out of the first quarter without points on the board then it could get ugly.

As underdogs tonight the Knight will have look to to George Ewen's words tonight - "Find a way!"