Players leaving Covington Holy Cross

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45% of kids are 'economically disadvantaged '

Access Denied

Hmmmm, I thought OldGappler stated somewhere else that Boone Co was #1 out of the 4 BC High Schools. It looks like they fall behind both Cooper and Conner. I guess it all depends on what article you read. I thought Cooper was

ranked ahead as were the only BC school to win national award last year.

Hmmmm, I thought OldGappler stated somewhere else that Boone Co was #1 out of the 4 BC High Schools. It looks like they fall behind both Cooper and Conner. I guess it all depends on what article you read. I thought Cooper was

Not sure what the Grappler was basing his Rankings on. I was just qualifying the financial attendance of BCHS for @mcpapa sake.

Not sure what the Grappler was basing his Rankings on. I was just qualifying the financial attendance of BCHS for @mcpapa sake.

If I read all this correctly, I would say it is even more impressive that Boone County is achieving more academically from their student body, which includes 45% economically disadvantaged, than the other schools which are much better off economically.

If I read all this correctly, I would say it is even more impressive that Boone County is achieving more academically from their student body, which includes 45% economically disadvantaged, than the other schools which are much better off economically.

What you were reading from my post was a single stat regarding Boone from a single site US news rankings. All rankings at state level Access Denied

Connor has 29% eco challenged. Ranked 14

Cooper has 24% eco challenged ranked 17

Boone has 45% eco challenged ranked 28

Ryle has 22% eco challenged not ranked?

Thoughts now? All 3 that were ranked , got a silver ranking from the site.

What you were reading from my post was a single stat regarding Boone from a single site US news rankings. All rankings at state level Access Denied

Connor has 29% eco challenged. Ranked 14

Cooper has 24% eco challenged ranked 17

Boone has 45% eco challenged ranked 28

Ryle has 22% eco challenged not ranked?

Thoughts now? All 3 that were ranked , got a silver ranking from the site.

Boone got the same silver ranking as Conner and Cooper with about 2 times as many economically disadvantaged students.

And to statman's point above, this discussion needs to move to its own thread if it is going to continue. This thread should go back to players leaving Holy Cross.

I have someone I went to HS with that has her kids in the Holy Cross system. 2 at Holy cross and 4 more in the grade schools. She said, "I get why parents are pulling their kids out, some things are not good, and seem to not be getting better." Her two HS kids (both girls) are athletes at Holy Cross.

I have someone I went to HS with that has her kids in the Holy Cross system. 2 at Holy cross and 4 more in the grade schools. She said, "I get why parents are pulling their kids out, some things are not good, and seem to not be getting better." Her two HS kids (both girls) are athletes at Holy Cross.

Care to expound on this?

Care to expound on this?

She really didnt give me any details, as she put it, "what I feel is not good, others may think is great and the opposite." She did say that some changes were made last school year (academically) that didnt seem in line with what they should be doing.

Her one daughter who was with her when I ran into her last night said, "kids want to win, on some of the sports teams at Holy Cross you're not going to do that, so they left."

She really didnt give me any details, as she put it, "what I feel is not good, others may think is great and the opposite." She did say that some changes were made last school year (academically) that didnt seem in line with what they should be doing.

Her one daughter who was with her when I ran into her last night said, "kids want to win, on some of the sports teams at Holy Cross you're not going to do that, so they left."

Who is saying/thinking that they are not capable of winning in some sports? The players, coaches, parents, administrators, the priest.

Edited by D'ICEMAN
Added more commentary