Players leaving Covington Holy Cross

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm just suggesting if your going to move your son because of sports(my guess) then move him to the correct grade as well. That would help him even more. He's a great kid with a great family. Would like to see him succeed even more.

I agree with you there but it's too late now. Once he's in HS it's too late I would think.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macke, I believe.

Just keep jumping around until you eventually find what you think is a situation with the most playing time, etc. I wonder if it's really the kid that wanted to go back to Highlands or the parents who felt the need. NOTE TO PARENTS: Put the ego in check. Stop re-living your teen days through your children. Let them enjoy the ride. It goes by so fast.

I also heard Michael Spencer left Cov Cath and is playing at Cooper now. Not sure what happened with that one. He is a new enroll'ee at Cooper this year. They should've moved him back to his correct year if he switched schools again. He's only 15 and a JR. I believe the parents had him skip a grade when he was younger.

Michael is in fact Cooper and will help both in football and basketball. He has never skipped a grade. He did start school early as he was 5 in the first grade.

From what I'm told, mom will still coach V-ball and sis will still go to the Cross.

So the Volleyball Houston girl is staying at HC but the basketball Houston boy who was a leading scorer on the team is moving to Cooper because the family moved? This is very interesting ... I just hope it doesn't end up backfiring on Ty!

So the Volleyball Houston girl is staying at HC but the basketball Houston boy who was a leading scorer on the team is moving to Cooper because the family moved? This is very interesting ... I just hope it doesn't end up backfiring on Ty!

Playing at Cooper is by all accounts a great experience. This move won't backfire unless the parents decide to undermine the process and culture. Given the Houstons' backgrounds in competitive sports I highly doubt that will happen.

Cooper vs CovCath shaping up to be another great game this year.

Playing at Cooper is by all accounts a great experience. This move won't backfire unless the parents decide to undermine the process and culture. Given the Houstons' backgrounds in competitive sports I highly doubt that will happen.

Cooper vs CovCath shaping up to be another great game this year.

Coach Sullivan will not allow any parent or player to undermine the culture or process that he has built. This senior group will not allow any one player to cause dysfunction on the team.

Coach Sully just does not put up with it. You either believe what he stands for or do not play for him. I think this is already understood by the parents and players.

And you are correct about all the schools doing a good job but Boone tends to get put down a tad too much, in my opinion in the Community, for being the inner city school.

This may be the first time I've heard Boone county described as being an inner city school.

Hes right in the grande scheme of things.

Could be. Maybe as someone from the suburbs of Baltimore, I have a different frame of reference of "inner city" than someone from the suburbs of Covington. Nothing more, nothing less.

Could be. Maybe as someone from the suburbs of Baltimore, I have a different frame of reference of "inner city" than someone from the suburbs of Covington. Nothing more, nothing less.

I get that, i guess in comparing the 4 Boone county schools he was correct.

BCHS the Dunbar Poets of Boone County? I think the 9th Region just underwent a major shift in power structure!!!

I'm always the last to know...