Players leaving Covington Holy Cross

So what's the problem at Holy Cross? Is it the AD? Is it the principal? Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

Heard one parent was saying her child was not being challenged academically enough. It may be good enough reason to claim financial hardship and send the kid back to the city where they live for free.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with his dad, they bought a house in the Cooper school district, no Private to Public loophole.

Will Becky Houston still be coaching volleyball at Holy Cross? Will his sister be joining him at Cooper, if so, that would be a boost to the volleyball team at Cooper?

Will Becky Houston still be coaching volleyball at Holy Cross? Will his sister be joining him at Cooper, if so, that would be a boost to the volleyball team at Cooper?

From what I'm told, mom will still coach V-ball and sis will still go to the Cross.

Heard one parent was saying her child was not being challenged academically enough. It may be good enough reason to claim financial hardship and send the kid back to the city where they live for free.

:stop: I seriously doubt they are hurting for money.

Yup, several promises of boosting the curriculum that never happened. Oh and apparently the Para Professional coach likes to swear at the kids a lot.

So some folks at HC tired of the head coach continually pushing his own son to the front of the pack ?

Apparently. My guess is they are all wishing they were the head coach so they could push their son to the front of the pack.

0 thumbs up to 11 thumbs up.

You could not pay me enough to drive out Long Branch Road. I am still amazed that they built a school on that road

Porque?

Longbranch was a very small, windy back road that only people who lived on it would travel. Now it's had three or four large subdivisions added and two schools. Huge increase in traffic and not much improvement of the windy road.

Yup, several promises of boosting the curriculum that never happened.

If parents are looking for a school to transfer to in Boone County and academics is a priority then they should look no further than Boone County High School. It's the #1 ranked school in the district. Shameless plug.

Oh... and if they are athletes they will be welcomed to the team.

Longbranch was a very small, windy back road that only people who lived on it would travel. Now it's had three or four large subdivisions added and two schools. Huge increase in traffic and not much improvement of the windy road.

I certainly think Camp Ernst is amazingly dangerous, and the number of major accidents on it over the last two years would back that up, but I've driven on Longbranch 10,000 times and it has never occurred to me as the least bit dangerous. The speeds are down between Orleans and Orleans, and the road is straight between Camp Ernst and that one little jog before you get to the new Irish neighborhood.

If parents are looking for a school to transfer to in Boone County and academics is a priority then they should look no further than Boone County High School. It's the #1 ranked school in the district. Shameless plug.

Oh... and if they are athletes they will be welcomed to the team.

Just curious, when did that happen? All information I have ever seen indicates Ryle is the #1 school in the district followed by Conner and Cooper being virtually close at 2-3.

Just curious, when did that happen? All information I have ever seen indicates Ryle is the #1 school in the district followed by Conner and Cooper being virtually close at 2-3.

[TABLE=class: display dataTable no-footer, width: 100%]

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: whitesmoke]

[TD=class: sorting_1, bgcolor: #EAEAEA]Larry A. Ryle High School[/TD]

[TD]Boone County[/TD]

[TD]79.5[/TD]

[TD]Distinguished/Progressing[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Randall K. Cooper High School Boone County 74.1 Proficient

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: whitesmoke]

[TD=class: sorting_1, bgcolor: #EAEAEA]Conner High School[/TD]

[TD]Boone County[/TD]

[TD]76[/TD]

[TD]Distinguished[/TD]

[TD=class: details-control, align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR=class: even, bgcolor: whitesmoke]

[TD=class: sorting_1, bgcolor: #EAEAEA]Boone County High School[/TD]

[TD]Boone County[/TD]

[TD]81.9[/TD]

[TD]Distinguished

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

KPREP 2016, other Kentucky school results

Based on the KPREP test scores it's Boone County, Ryle, Conner, and lastly Cooper!

KPREP 2