Nicest/largest stadiums and facilities

PRIDENEVERDIES

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that Belfry complex looks great! The old field was full of rocks and broken glass (well at least when we played there). My vote goes to Belfry.

You must have played there many years ago. The base was totally redone in the 90's and although the grass never really grew well, it wasn't rocky anymore. But in the old days, it was very rocky and rough. I don't remember any broken glass though. ;)

Just curious, How much money went into the new facility???

:cool:

The whole school or just the football complex?

I hate to disagree (even slightly) with the brilliant Watusi, but Im nearly positive CamField holds 3750 on the home side and 850 on the visitor side.

With a name like CamFieldJunky, you probably have better information than I.

And, ummm, brilliant is laying it on a little thick, don't you think? ;):p(even if it is true :D)

Trinity's is fantastic, and I'm sure St. X's will be as well. Male's is real nice (get's SOOO crowded during the Male/Manual games, though), and Manual Stadium keeps improving (yeah, yeah, the lights issue gets all the talk, but still). I also liked Danville's stadium, but I can't really think of any others that come to mind.

I wouldn't trade Manual stadium for any of the others mentioned above.

When X completes their stadium, look for T to put in a jumbotron to one-up X. St. X will retaliate with a dome, and from there it is off to the races for those two.:D BTW, I'm with you about Manual stadium-the ambiance of the stadium and the neighborhood is incomparable.

Watusi-I've never been to Belfry, but the photos depict a jewel. You guys have a stadium to be proud of.

What about Ashland Blazer? I've heared they're field and atmosphere can't be beaten on a friday night.

Shhh! You can't speak highly of anything involving Ashland or the haters will start coming out of the woodwork and this thread will turn into chaos! :lol:

But yes, you are correct. It is absolutely one of the best gameday atmosphere's in the state, it has a college feel to it. The field is bermuda and almost perfect, although there are talks of installing field turf. As you walk in, everything sits below you and the seating is horeshoe shaped. The entire stadium is concrete with metal and wooden bleachers on top of the concrete, also adding to the college stadium feel. A lot of small colleges would love to have a place like Putnam to call home. Now that I've posted this I think I'll call Vegas and get the over/under on how long it will take for the negative comments to start rolling in.

Of the stadiums I've actually visited in person, which is admittedly very few, here are my favorites...

Corbin - It's a neat stadium. And it's nice. Plenty of seating, nice field, and the location gives it a different feel. At least, that's what I thought about it.

Middlesboro - There are better places, but I like the brick wall...

Danville - What would you expect from a school that has been that successful?

Leslie County - Again, there are better places, but there's something about the location that I like. Plus, they have pretty good seating.

Obviously, I'm partial to Breathitt County. Our visitor's section is pathetic, but the home side is fantastic. I'll just say this...there are nicer places, of that I'm sure, but on a rainy Friday night, I wouldn't trade it for another stadium in the state. :D

And, finally, that Belfry stadium looks sweeeeet! For the first time in my life, I'm looking forward to making the trip over there to see it. For two reasons...I want to see the stadium, and that typically means we're playing in round 3 of the playoffs. :D To be honest, I really liked the old Belfry Stadium. The parking left something to be desired, but being a Bobcat fan, I've grown accustomed to that.

Ooooh, I forgot about Russellville's stadium! I was passing through there a couple of years ago on my way to visit my brother, and just had to stop and check out the joint. Just neat-looking — I love those old places with a lot of character. Maybe boonerii can tell us a bit more about the place — I believe he's a Russellville supporter.

I wouldn't call it the nicest but Rhea Stadium is definately historic. It was built by the WPA in 1938. It seats over 2,500 fans -- all on one side and features the famous sloping corner of the end zone.

Corbin has indoor 30 or 40 yd turf field. Big weight room area. Big coaches office, shower room, bathroom, equipment room, film room, and PT room. Not to mention a girls locker room. BIG BIG facility i will try and get the square footage for you

Coach Steve Jewell took me through the fieldhouse 4 or 5 years ago. Very impressive. Redhound Boosters and fans should be very proud. It is second to none.

Coach Steve Jewell took me through the fieldhouse 4 or 5 years ago. Very impressive. Redhound Boosters and fans should be very proud. It is second to none.

I've heard great things about the one you all have down in Corbin, but you havent seen Mercer's I take it?!! If the outside of it (the front part facing the field) was brick, it would look just like UL's at Papa Johns.

*43 yds of the new indoor sports turf(regular/old cardinal stadium turf around it for walking throughout the bottom floor)

*weight room is the entire length of the turf and 10-15 yds wide, with 10 of the new platforms that you can do bench, power clean and squats, all in one in..with the MERCER logo scribed into the wood of each platform

*assistant coaches office w/ lockers

*head coach office

*athletic director's office

*mens varsity lockers (90), restroom connecting with the freshmen locker room (30 lockers)

*classroom/film room

* a two hundred meter, 2 lane track around the top.

*two womens locker rooms.

*two(2) laundry rooms, 4 super duty washers/dryers*

*open lobby area

*two trainers rooms