Nicest/largest stadiums and facilities

PRIDENEVERDIES

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been to Trinity's stadium but if it is even close to Hopkinsville's Stadium of Champions then it is somthing. Anyone familiar with both that can tell us what they think.

My pick is the Stadium of Champions in lue of not having been to Trinity

South Oldham has sportsturf, really big and nice locker room (with indoor/outdoor turf), very large weightroom with indoor/outdoor turf carpet. Not bad for a public school with two other high schools in the county.

I want to address the public school question. Everyone has seen the size of the Male and Manual stadiums- here are some of the not-mentioned often sites.

Having been in just about every stadium in Jefferson and Oldham counties, I believe the best for "atmosphere" meaning band, cheerleaders, fans, I would rank them as 1)Ballard, 2)Eastern, 3)Oldham County. All three have terrific bands and dance teams. What is great about Oldham County is the smell of the pork shop sandwiches coming across the field!! Believe it or not, Doss gets the same smell but generally have smaller crowds.

Something you don't see everyplace is the concession stand at South Oldham serves carrot sticks and celery sticks with ranch dressing. Very good for the parents of kids.

Best "atmosphere" ever- Central vs Shawnee at "Old" Male. Caucasian people just have to see a "stomp off" contest once to appreciate the time and effort put into it.

Best ever national anthem-St Martha's Sarah Vise for singing quality.

Best ever national anthem-Western High school- the starting linebacker and captain sang the National anthem. We sped up the coin toss so he could go to the press box.

Since Trinity seems to be winning this informal poll,Who has the best Public school stadium?

Would have to say Stadium of Champions for Hopkinsville/Christian County....perfect place for high school football. Plus personally...I love in any high school field that has the play clock on both ends so that the players, fans, and everyone else involved knows how much time is left before the delay of game penalty. Wish the powers that be make it mandatory that they be installed at all stadiums. Just my opinion

I feel Trinity's stadium is certainly the nicest. The Stadium of Champions in Hopkinsville is very nice and has a wonderful bermuda playing surface. Belfry's new stadium is excellent. I like Pikeville's complex. Highland's stadium is a neat place to play. Dunbar has a very nice stadium. Henry Clay and Tates Creek are very nice, but the all-aluminum bleachers need a little something, maybe colors, to make them look better. I hear Ashland's stadium is one of the best, but I haven't the pleasure yet.

I feel Trinity's stadium is certainly the nicest. The Stadium of Champions in Hopkinsville is very nice and has a wonderful bermuda playing surface. Belfry's new stadium is excellent. I like Pikeville's complex. Highland's stadium is a neat place to play. Dunbar has a very nice stadium. Henry Clay and Tates Creek are very nice, but the all-aluminum bleachers need a little something, maybe colors, to make them look better. I hear Ashland's stadium is one of the best, but I haven't the pleasure yet.

The fields at Dunbar, Tates Creek, and Henry Clay are all very nice, but the seats seem like they are a half mile from the field. This is due to the fields being used for soccer and having a 1/4 mile track as well, I think.