Nicest/largest stadiums and facilities

PRIDENEVERDIES

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

toots...

Is the stadium far from the school ?? Is it on the same road ?

Paging Captain Obvious. :banana: :D

Just kidding, yes the new school is right there beside the new stadium (nice how that worked out). ;)

If you are asking how far it is from the old school (and Vipperman), it is about 1.5 miles further, towards Williamson, on the same road Rt. 119.

Is Vipperman still being used for anything?

Yes, the old high school was converted into Belfry Middle School. BMS now has one of the best middle school facilities around with their own gym, football field (Vipperman) and athletic complex/football locker room/ weightlifting facilities.

Yes, the old high school was converted into Belfry Middle School. BMS now has one of the best middle school facilities around with their own gym, football field (Vipperman) and athletic complex/football locker room/ weightlifting facilities.

Awesome, those are nice facilities to have at the middle school level.:thumb:

Valleys field is awesome belfry hands down has the best in eky since ive never went ouit to see trinity or male ect. i dont know about belfry but valley has great parking with great lockerooms wieght rooms (carpet and ac) but if valley or belfy gets a jumbotron then they could compete with the best pikevilles field is nice but i dont like the parking. Valley is constructing a soccer field and a prcatice field for the football team its going to be awesome once its all done.

Belfry has great parking. You can even park probably a little closer to the field than you can at Valley. We have one real big parking lot that is right behind the home bleachers. Im anxious to seeValleys new turf they always did have a nife set up anyways.

And an overhead shot of the whole thing, before any of the fields were sodded. The baseball and softball fields look awesome now, and there is a cover over the baseball field bleachers. A lot of fencing has been added and the soccer field/track on the left is finished.

The complex as is seen in the picture is beautiful! The football field is fantastic.

Maybe even more impressive and not revealed in the aerial picture is the fact that this field is totally surrounded by mountains which makes the setting even more impressive. Bleachers are right on top of the field with no soccer or track. It is a fantastic place to watch a football game!

I hate to disagree (even slightly) with the brilliant Watusi, but Im nearly positive CamField holds 3750 on the home side and 850 on the visitor side.

The stadium is ridiculously nice. I have an overhead view on my laptop and get numerous comments at school like, "what college is that?"

Belfry's stadium is top 5 in the state at least. The lighting is EXCELLENT, parking is solid, and it holds a nice capacity. In addition, the restrooms are fantastically heated, both sides have adequate concessions, and the big wigs even have a VIP suite from which to watch the game. Did I mention turf?

Belfry has great parking. You can even park probably a little closer to the field than you can at Valley. We have one real big parking lot that is right behind the home bleachers. Im anxious to seeValleys new turf they always did have a nife set up anyways.

Its great to once they get everything set up i will pst a pic

Just wanted to comment on the above comment about Belfry Middle School. Vipperman held over 5000 if I remember correctly. The stadium featured a very nice concrete grandstand and INCREDIBLE lights! I can honeslty say, I have never seen a school come close to producing the light that Vipperman did.

Also, I used to work out in the old Belfry high football complex. It was a very spacious room with all of the squat racks, free weights, and area a high school team could ever dream of, much less a middle school team.

Belfry Middle has no excuse but to excel in the upcoming years. Vipperman stadium and the complex are awesome facilities!

I grew up in Bowling Green and what I can remember is a very nice stadium! I also Remember going through Russelville and seeing there stadium from the backside! It looked like a place where gladiators would compete!

Ooooh, I forgot about Russellville's stadium! I was passing through there a couple of years ago on my way to visit my brother, and just had to stop and check out the joint. Just neat-looking — I love those old places with a lot of character. Maybe boonerii can tell us a bit more about the place — I believe he's a Russellville supporter.