Nicest/largest stadiums and facilities

PRIDENEVERDIES

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Belfry's facilities because it has a stadium feel to it, The only improvement I would make to CAM Stadium is putting a Pirate in the middle of the field turf.

Here is a picture taken when the stadium opened.

Pike County Bowl, 2005

CAM2.JPG

It is really nice, but the construction around it isn't finished which detracts from the overall attraction. Also during rain the mud from the construction causes a problem, but when finished it will be toward the top of NKY.

I wouldn't necessarily say it causes a problem. It just makes some of the walkways a little muddy. And I do agree that the contruction still going on does take away from it a little.

I think Belfry's holds around 3300. I was told 2500 on the home side and 800 on the visitors side.

Thanks, BF, it is pretty nice and we are very lucky to have the brand new facilities. The school is just tremendous and the track/baseball/softball/soccer fields surrounding it are equally nice.

As my avatar shows, on game night it is beautiful. The lighting is super and with the mountains for a backdrop, it is just breathtaking to me. There's no place like home.

I forgot to add, but I've said it before, here are my two favorite features.

First, you enter the stadium from the parking lot at the mid level of the bleachers and the field sits down in a bowl. It has a collegiate feel to it.

The second is related to the first. Because you enter mid level, there is a 8-10 ft wide section between the upper and lower bleachers. This is a travel path, but built into that are 25 or so handicap access spots to watch the games and they are the best seats in the house. And that is how it should be. You can pick this feature out in the photo I attached.