BGP QOTD: How did you get that scar?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a scar directly over my left eyebrow from where my 10 year old brother threw a kitchen chair at me when I was 6. Bled like crazy. ...I probably had it coming, for what it's worth.

The entire pad of my left ring finger is one big scar from when I cut off my fingertip while slicing an onion about 7 or 8 years back.

I've got one single little scar about the size of a marker-tip on the right side of my ribcage from the one and only time I'll ever allow anyone to bring along someone I've not ever met on a hunt. We were hunting for rabbits on a farm I used to have permission to hunt on while I was in college, and a friend of mine brought his fraternity brother along. We didn't have dogs, so we were just walking up on the rabbits, and frat bro swung his gun barrel a little too far. I ended up tweezing out a single #7.5 lead shot from my side when I got home.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Six stitches on the back of the head. When six, bounced backward off the couch onto a window sill. The day I got those stitches out, bounced forward off the same couch, and did a chin plant on the coffee table. Three stitches. I still have trouble taking direction.

About a 4 inch scar on back of left leg. I jumped or almost jumped a chain link fence in my youth. Didn't quite make the clearance area.

This is no lie. My dad did not take me for stitches. He said I should have made it. He put mercuricome, hydrogen peroxide, wrapped oit tight in gauze. I have no clue how it didn't get infected.

About a 4 inch scar on back of left leg. I jumped or almost jumped a chain link fence in my youth. Didn't quite make the clearance area.

This is no lie. My dad did not take me for stitches. He said I should have made it. He put mercuricome, hydrogen peroxide, wrapped oit tight in gauze. I have no clue how it didn't get infected.

I used to play paintball fairly often in high school and college. There was a kid playing with us once who had a similar experience with a chain link fence...except after his accident, he played paintball Lance Armstrong/John Kruk style.

Wanted to click like, but I am lol. If my mom hadn't been in the room for mine, from later experiences my dad would have done the same. Old school. Let me tell you the thermometer story.... no, best not.

I have a 6" scar up my left forearm and it is a keloid scar.

I shattered both bones in my left forearm playing summer baseball. Playing SS, running towards a high pop up down the left field line, the fence ended about where the dirt cut off was, but there was a dry creek bed out of play down the line. I dove for the ball, missed the creek bed, but landed on the edge of the parking lot with my wrist bent -- both bones, essentially, exploded. I went into walking shock. I've had it operated on four times: once to clean it out and insert pieces of bones from a cadaver with plates inserted onto each bones; 2nd time to take off the plates, the 3rd and 4th time to add extra bone because my right arm was still growing, so they'd be the same length.

Makes my right knee ACL scar seem like a walk in the park.

Two scars:

Lower right shin: Running. I closed my eyes for 5 or 6 seconds and ran into a concrete barrier on a bridge. Ripped a large, deep gash in my leg. I stopped for a minute or so to collect myself and then finished the remaining 2.5 miles of the run with the bloody leg. Had it stitched up the next morning. Moral to that story: Don't ever run with your eyes closed.

Forehead: About half inch scar in the middle of the forehead. I was about 3 y.o playing ball with my dad in the house. He threw it, I missed it. Chased after it and ran head first into the door facing. My dad did the exact same thing and got the same scar when he was a tot. Moral: Don't play ball in the house.

Circular scar on my left ankle about one inch in diameter around from where I was hit by a car when I was 7. It ripped out a chunk of my ankle. They used skin from my outer thigh to cover the hole.

Also have an appendectomy scar and a scar from an inguinal hernia repair.

That hurt just reading it.

Mine involved a similar feat. Have a scar that is very "close to home" I got hopping a chain link fence at a local old cemetery we used to ride our bikes in and goof around. The cemetery care taker at that time, who is now a retired city cop, closed us up in the cemetery I guess to catch us. I tossed my bike over, then hurried to get over that chain link fence which had the cut links on the top and caught myself on it. Never told my parents.