BGP QOTD: How did you get that scar?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Other scars involving hernia, back, arm surgery. Got a good one on my thumb and sliced off part of it. Long before the kids were born my wife and I attended a pool party at my brother's apartment. Of course I got hammered (was Friday before Indy 500) and a couple of us decided in our drunken stupor that we would head to Indianapolis to attend the 500. My wife and I got in an argument over it at home when I was trying to pick up a few things. As we were arguing she was leaving out the back door which was half glass and slammed it but I put my hand up to catch it and put my hand through the glass. My wife turned around, saw the blood everywhere and then passed out on the patio. There I was, drunk, bleeding trying to revive my wife thinking I'd have to drive myself to the emergency room. Blood everywhere, I picked up the piece of thumb hanging on the glass to take with me to the emergency room but to no avail they could not use it. I now have a good portion of the thumb gone with another long scar there and half the thumb is numb.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scar.jpg

I have a 6" scar up my left forearm and it is a keloid scar.

I shattered both bones in my left forearm playing summer baseball. Playing SS, running towards a high pop up down the left field line, the fence ended about where the dirt cut off was, but there was a dry creek bed out of play down the line. I dove for the ball, missed the creek bed, but landed on the edge of the parking lot with my wrist bent -- both bones, essentially, exploded. I went into walking shock. I've had it operated on four times: once to clean it out and insert pieces of bones from a cadaver with plates inserted onto each bones; 2nd time to take off the plates, the 3rd and 4th time to add extra bone because my right arm was still growing, so they'd be the same length.

Makes my right knee ACL scar seem like a walk in the park.

Photo...

Most of my right forearm has a burn mark. I don't remember getting it. Mom told me I was trying to help her when she was ironing and tried to bring the iron to her and it was too heavy so I tried to cradle it.