Mohammed Bamba commits to Texas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KingOfClutch33,

I can't help you if you can't see that when someone says UK fans need to stop saying things "like" what you said, it doesn't mean that you said exactly the same thing.

However, you said extremely similar things:

"looking for maxium scoring" is basically the same as what many UK fans will say as "he only cares about getting his numbers".

"not surprised because he has no threat of anyone playing over him so he walks in the 'big man on campus'" is basically the same as what many UK fans will say as "he can't handle the challenge" or "he wouldn't be a good teammate".

"if he had any interest in the college game and winning a title he would not have gone this way" is exactly like saying "he must not want to win a championship"

If you don't see that that, then oh well. And never did I say you were negative towards the kid. Not sure where that's coming from. I'm tired of UK fans always trying to rationalize a player choosing a different school when in reality it's often as simple as:

He picked what he was comfortable with, no harm there.

Exactly.

@KingOfClutch33,

I can't help you if you can't see that when someone says UK fans need to stop saying things "like" what you said, it doesn't mean that you said exactly the same thing. This has nothing to do with it, you told me to get over myself for my comments, when nothing that I said puts me on a higher level than anyone else or shows any reason I need to get over myself.

However, you said extremely similar things:

"looking for maxium scoring" is basically the same as what many UK fans will say as "he only cares about getting his numbers". Totally not the same meaning at all with what I was saying but I do hate when people say the second statement. It means that he is not playing with as talented players at Texas than he would at Duke or UK and will be the #1 offensive option every night. Nothing close to him only caring about getting his.

"not surprised because he has no threat of anyone playing over him so he walks in the 'big man on campus'" is basically the same as what many UK fans will say as "he can't handle the challenge" or "he wouldn't be a good teammate". More competition at the other two schools because there is better talent there. Not the same at Texas. Again, nothing close to him not being a good teammate or not being able to handle the challenge.

"if he had any interest in the college game and winning a title he would not have gone this way" is exactly like saying "he must not want to win a championship" Again, not true at all. Simply stating that winning was not at the top of his list because he would have chose Duke or UK if it was.

If you don't see that that, then oh well. And never did I say you were negative towards the kid. Not sure where that's coming from. I'm tired of UK fans always trying to rationalize a player choosing a different school when in reality it's often as simple as:

Exactly.

The fact the you think those things are so similar is something I do not understand. You are so off base with my comments that it isn't even funny. There is no comparison to any of the things I said to what you are relating them to.

The fact the you think those things are so similar is something I do not understand. You are so off base with my comments that it isn't even funny. There is no comparison to any of the things I said to what you are relating them to.

That's your opinion, which I'm fine with. In your opinion the things you said and things many UK fans say are very different. I disagree and think they are very similar.

My opinion is the things you said in the opening post are the same type of things we hear from many UK fans whenever a player doesn't choose to come to Kentucky and I believe those fans need to get over themselves.

Kentucky fans need to quit acting like you are in the 2nd paragraph. Every time a player chooses another school, so many are quick to say "Well, he must not want to win a championship". "He must only care about his numbers". "He doesn't want to be a teammate".

Get over yourselves.

Maybe he actually liked their academic programs that he had interest in? Maybe he connected better with Shaka Smart than Cal and his coaching staff.

Lol yeah he liked their academic programs....

Lol yeah he liked their academic programs....

Say what you want, but I'll point to this...

How can a projected “one-and-done” college athlete get a real college education? That gets thrown around a lot and I want to go on record as saying that the two concepts are not mutually exclusive. My academic focus is not just lip service. It’s extremely important to me and my family, but I also firmly believe that the best class I’ll ever take will actually be taught by the people I will surround myself with.

I feel especially fortunate to explore my academic interests within the McCombs School of Business, one of the nation’s top undergraduate BBA programs. Learning from world-class professors and classmates in Austin, a city that’s renowned for tech and innovation, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Oh, and that alumni network — man, the Horns are everywhere! I can see and feel their passion and I’m excited about aligning myself with them for a lifetime of support and learning. I’ve seen firsthand the power of this from my time at Westtown and Cardigan Mountain.

These two big rocks were the true keys to my decision — without the coach and without the “beyond basketball” element, the stones, pebbles and sand wouldn’t have mattered that much.

~Bamba

Say what you want, but I'll point to this...

How can a projected “one-and-done” college athlete get a real college education? That gets thrown around a lot and I want to go on record as saying that the two concepts are not mutually exclusive. My academic focus is not just lip service. It’s extremely important to me and my family, but I also firmly believe that the best class I’ll ever take will actually be taught by the people I will surround myself with.

I feel especially fortunate to explore my academic interests within the McCombs School of Business, one of the nation’s top undergraduate BBA programs. Learning from world-class professors and classmates in Austin, a city that’s renowned for tech and innovation, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Oh, and that alumni network — man, the Horns are everywhere! I can see and feel their passion and I’m excited about aligning myself with them for a lifetime of support and learning. I’ve seen firsthand the power of this from my time at Westtown and Cardigan Mountain.

These two big rocks were the true keys to my decision — without the coach and without the “beyond basketball” element, the stones, pebbles and sand wouldn’t have mattered that much.

~Bamba

That's great if he truly feels that way I just thought it was funny reading that he cared about the academics.