Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mohammed Bamba commits to Texas

Featured Replies

Or maybe he just liked Texas more... :idunno:

 

I agree. It could be a number of reasons. I don't fault any kid for the school they pick.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is certain , winning didnt play a major role in the choice

That's great if he truly feels that way I just thought it was funny reading that he cared about the academics.

 

Hard to believe it, but there are some out there that really do (e.g. Bamba apparently, Knight, PPat and etc.)

Hard to believe it, but there are some out there that really do (e.g. Bamba apparently, Knight, PPat and etc.)

 

PPat got it done whilst still attending UK. Not sure about Knight I know he was a good student but I don't know if he has finished his degree or not.

Bamba is one of the brightest kids to enter major college basketball in the decade plus I've been working in the business. He was legit accepted to Harvard on his academic merit. It isn't wise to lump him in with your standard 5 star recruiting situations...

Bamba is one of the brightest kids to enter major college basketball in the decade plus I've been working in the business. He was legit accepted to Harvard on his academic merit. It isn't wise to lump him in with your standard 5 star recruiting situations...

 

Good for him I hope he stays in school 4 years and gets his degree, it's interesting though if he really picked a school based on academics why he wouldn't choose Harvard.

Good for him I hope he stays in school 4 years and gets his degree, it's interesting though if he really picked a school based on academics why he wouldn't choose Harvard.

 

He'll be a one and done, but I can almost guarantee he will continue to work towards his degree while in the NBA. The kid is going to have a chance to make millions by 30 and then be set for life with his education. Keep sounding like a bitter UK fan. It's a great look. Promise...

He'll be a one and done, but I can almost guarantee he will continue to work towards his degree while in the NBA. The kid is going to have a chance to make millions by 30 and then be set for life with his education. Keep sounding like a bitter UK fan. It's a great look. Promise...

 

GT: How would you compare him to Nerlens Noel?

Ready to Rock | The Players' Tribune

 

If you read the young man's letter, it appears he made a sound, thoughtful decision that was best for him.

 

I have no problem with it. And I'm an ardent UK fan. I wish him luck.

 

Easy kid to root for.

GT: How would you compare him to Nerlens Noel?

 

I hate player comps, so I wouldn't... :lol2:

I was really hoping to get him and thought we would. I look forward to following his career regardless.

The kid simply made the best choice for himself in his opinion, and that is all that matters.

He'll be a one and done, but I can almost guarantee he will continue to work towards his degree while in the NBA. The kid is going to have a chance to make millions by 30 and then be set for life with his education. Keep sounding like a bitter UK fan. It's a great look. Promise...

 

Thanks I do my best!! Just keep saying he chose a school based on education, it really shows your experience in your field. :isurrender:

Thanks I do my best!! Just keep saying he chose a school based on education, it really shows your experience in your field. :isurrender:

@gametime doesn't need my defense, but I'll absolutely take his opinion over anyone else's on this board when it comes to recruits.

@gametime doesn't need my defense, but I'll absolutely take his opinion over anyone else's on this board when it comes to recruits.

 

That's fine, just not gonna take an insult from him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.