Mohammed Bamba commits to Texas

Easy kid to root for.

Yeah, I hate that he didn't come to Kentucky but I absolutely agree. Great kid, brilliant mind, and its refreshing to see in a day and age of primadonna's. I knew all along Bamba was a different type of guy and his decision would be unlike many prep stars before him. I always hoped UK would win out due to the connections with Green, Hami, Vanderbilt, Knox, etc., but in the end I knew Mo would do his own thing.

I wish him nothing but the best!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured the longer this went, that it wasn't UK. Read his letter and he seems like a very smart kid that made the choice he felt was best for him. Best of luck to the kid.

Not so sure that the lack of development Bam showed last year, and him playing out-of-position as a back to the basket center; didn't factor in a bit as well. Jarrett Allen's improvement was cited often as a factor? Sounds like he liked their business program as well, and it can't hurt that he'll be featured?

He'll be a one and done, but I can almost guarantee he will continue to work towards his degree while in the NBA. The kid is going to have a chance to make millions by 30 and then be set for life with his education. Keep sounding like a bitter UK fan. It's a great look. Promise...

Really enjoy your insight on evaluating talent. But, smug and arrogant doesn't look good on you.