Florida 26 Kentucky 7

TheDeuce

I think a play that no one has mentioned yet really killed KY was the offensive pass interference called in the first half.That took away a big play and I think cost us some points,probably 7 of them because the offense was on a roll at the time.How often do you see that called?The KY player flagged for it hardly brushed the guy.I watched the UL game and their game they ran the same type of play and actually blocked the corner and nothing was called.Every team runs these plays and its never called on the offense.I guess I can't say never anymore.I don't think this changed the outcome of the game but it probably changed the point spread along with some momentem in the first half.

UK always gets some questionable calls against the elite teams in the conference. That's just the way it is. I don't think it would have affected the ultimate outcome, but you're right in that it could have allowed us to put some more points up and make a little better showing. Hopefully, if we can keep moving in a positive direction, we can eventually reach a level where we can overcome some of those calls, or possibly even get to the point where we don't automatically know they're going against us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never expected to win anyway. :lol:

All the announcers kept saying was, "This isn't the same Kentucky team we saw against Louisville." They tried every explanation except the correct to explain it, IMO. I know it won't be a popular opinion, but how about this one...Louisville is better than Florida.

Make sure you vote in the top 5 thread. :D

Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me, that the Instate Ky players are the ones stepping up and making the most plays...Woodson looked very solid when he had time to throw...Pulley looked like a top notch receiver and made several big plays.. David Jones, Myrun Pryor, Micah Johnson, Keenan Burton and others made some big plays.. It's fun to root for a team when you at least know alot of there players..

The thing I notice about Woodson, is his lack of being able to make anything happen with his legs, I know that he is not known for being mobile, and that is fine. But, he would rather wait, and wait, hoping to complete a ball, than pull it down and make something happen. Just something I noticed.

It's up to the SEC, and from what I understand Mitch Barnhart has mentioned that he thinks his team gets the short end on when games are played. The SEC, likely, would like to protect their potential NC teams.

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but I think that's true.

Well, I may be a little paranoid here, but IMO the SEC officials definitely give the SEC's nationally ranked teams like Florida, Auburn, LSU, etc...the benifit of the doubt with the calls that could go either way, in games with the Kentucky's and Vanderbilt's of the league.

However, that had nothing to do with their loss in this game.

I watched the first half Kentucky scored and it was 7-6,with The Wildcats leading, but they let Florida back in it, same ol' Cats.

There is nothing same ol about this or the game in itself. Maybe if this was what happened against Texas St. or something...not Florida.

The thing I notice about Woodson, is his lack of being able to make anything happen with his legs, I know that he is not known for being mobile, and that is fine. But, he would rather wait, and wait, hoping to complete a ball, than pull it down and make something happen. Just something I noticed.

I thought I was the only one who thought seen this, yes he is a pocket passer but he needs to move around more get the jitters out and make those plays even if its only 3 or 4 yard, better then 3rd and long every 3rd down.

That would be a more admirable trait if he played for a team that could give him a lot of time to throw. Our O-line hasn't proven it can, unfortunately.

I like the fact that he is willing to stand in the pocket and wait. A lot of guys aren't. The problem I have is when we're playing someone like Florida and their D-line is starting to take the game over. He has to know when that happens that his time to get rid of the ball is greatly decreased. He has to show more awareness in those situations, IMO. Overall, I really like Woodson. I did last year. I just felt like he ended up in a hopeless situation last year...Burton went down, the O-line collapsed. No one would have looked good in that situation. When he has a full arsenal and some time to throw, he has always looked good, IMO. He isn't the greatest QB in the world, but he's good enough to get the job done at UK if the rest of the team carries its weight.