Florida 26 Kentucky 7

TheDeuce

I certainly am not one to make excuses for a loss, but I personally wonder how the game would've turned out had the clock stopped with 1 second left in the first half as opposed to running out. I can't say that UK would've scored a touchdown, but in the back of my mind it will always be a possibility.

I don't know how that rule works though... Does it take 2 seconds to spike the ball? I mean... I know there's the rule in the NBA that .4 is the least amount of time needed to take a shot, and anything less has to be a tip-in.. But is that a rule in college football, or just a bad decision by the refs?

I think the off-sides call they missed in the 1st Half was a bigger blow to UK than the second at the end. UK would have most likely lined up for a long field goal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the off-sides call they missed in the 1st Half was a bigger blow to UK than the second at the end. UK would have most likely lined up for a long field goal.

I just caught the end of the first half on my lunch break, I haven't actually got time to sit down and watch the game yet (I just got home from work) so I'm not really sure about that call.

All I saw was the UK touchdown, Leak's awesome scoring drive, and the drive that led to the clock running out.

Kentucky played hard and showed that they can compete...at least for a half.

David Jones' run was one of the most exciting plays I've seen in a while. It reminded me of Reggie Bush, in a way.

Tim Tebow ran like a man amongst boys.

Not having Rafael Little did not hurt as badly as I thought it would. Tony Dixon ran hard, as did A. Smith. What hurt the most was having Burton return punts...

Woodson was impressive. So was Pulley, at WR. Pulley's future is not at the QB position, IMO. Woodson is only a junior, and Pulley is a soph. Let's groom Fidler or another QB into the QB of the future and keep Pulley at wideout.

I was very impressed with the D. They bent in the 2nd half, but did not break. They were spectacular in the 1st half.

All in all, I am pleased with the effort & performance tonight; however, they have a long way to go...

UK looked like that had a chance to pull the upset in the first half. Some bad breaks hurt them....and it would have done wonders to at least tack on a FG before half....bad call....clock should have stopped.

The second half...the O-line was worn out...QB had no time to do anything.

I do believe that UK is better than most people give them credit....And I was one of those people...

Personally, I think that ;) is a little too cute. But whatever.

For what its worth, Louisville still ran the ball at will after Bush went down, and Brohm will be back sooner rather than later. So that team that was really good still is and will be.

And before the hate starts, I cheered UK in this game and was only negative about the same thing any UK fan was negative on, the O-Line. And I didn't bring Louisville into this.

It was nothing negative. I think UK's last three games have showed UofL should be higher than 8th, or whatever their ranked. Would have loved to see what this season could have been for them w/ a healthy Brohm and Bush.

UK caught several bad breaks that could have changed things.

1. The first play of the game should have been an interception.

2. The none call on the off sides. How do you miss that call? It would have extended UK's drive.

3. The fumble that advanced 20 yards and lead to a touchdown.

Another thing. Did anyone notice anything about the clip from the last UK victory over Florida? It was played at the end of the year in cold weather. UK needs to get Florida moved back later in the season. Florida's two coldest games would be UK and UT and both are played early in the season. In essence Florida has no cold weather games. That is quite an advantage.

That is a bizarre statement. He was very impressive with his ability to run the football. It is said, however, that his arm still needs much improving. I'm not saying he will never win a Heisman because I think he will definitely be in the running for it in the future. There have just been better athletes than him at the QB position and not won (i.e. Brad Smith - Missouri, Michael Bishop - Kansas St.).

I believe our skill positions can compete with Florida's, but our offensive line is way behind. It looks to me as if the focus on recruiting needs to be the hog-mollies up front.

Why is the statement so bizarre?:confused: It seems that someone was just stating their opinion as you have that Tebow is an awesome athlete with unlimited ability. When his time comes to take the helm at Fla. he will be a much improved QB and may be a Heisman candidate so I don't see anything bizarre about the (opinion) of another.

As for your comment about better athletes at QB who have not won, that is true but there have also been athletes not as talented that have won, so it seems to be an equal balance. I agree 100% on your assessment of the o-line.

Nice effort by the Cats but they really need to learn to play 4 quarters. If they do, they probably lose but maybe it's more like 19-13 or something really respectable. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TRYING TO SCOOP THE BALL UP ON FUMBLES. It's not nearly as glorious, but if you flop on it, you have the ball. Nice game Cats, build on it.

I certainly am not one to make excuses for a loss, but I personally wonder how the game would've turned out had the clock stopped with 1 second left in the first half as opposed to running out. I can't say that UK would've scored a touchdown, but in the back of my mind it will always be a possibility.

I don't know how that rule works though... Does it take 2 seconds to spike the ball? I mean... I know there's the rule in the NBA that .4 is the least amount of time needed to take a shot, and anything less has to be a tip-in.. But is that a rule in college football, or just a bad decision by the refs?

A problem I had was that when the play ended, there were four seconds on the clock. The referee made a motion to keep the clock moving (he did this to show that the UK player wasn't out of bounds). The only problem was that UK had a first down. The clock should have automatically stopped. There should have been four seconds on the clock when Woodson took the snap to spike.

This didn't lose the game for Kentucky. The Cats likely would have had to kick a long field goal or try a Hail Mary. Its just upsetting to see poor official/time management.

The criticism of the UK offensive line in the second half is justified. However, as with most things in the team game of football, it was compounded by Woodson's tendency to have happy feet, and his steadfast refusal to step up into the pocket and throw. He drops back to the deepest point, halts, feels pressure too early, and then goes side to side. He played a nice football game yesterday, if he can correct that one tendency I think he will be on his way to being a complete QB.