Florida 26 Kentucky 7

TheDeuce

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good showing for the Cats up until 2 minutes to go in the 1st half. Depth and overall talent took over in the second half.

UK's offensive tackles REALLY struggle against speed rushers. I hate to see what the DE's from Georgia (Quinton Moses and Charles Johnson) will do against UK, they are both All-American candidates. It could be a 10+ sack day.

It looks like the Florida over Kentucky streak is going to continue for at least 2 more years. That is assuming Tebow goes pro after his Jr. year.

UK really has a shot at making a bowl game. 7-5 looks to be a possiblilty.

Another thing. Did anyone notice anything about the clip from the last UK victory over Florida? It was played at the end of the year in cold weather. UK needs to get Florida moved back later in the season. Florida's two coldest games would be UK and UT and both are played early in the season. In essence Florida has no cold weather games. That is quite an advantage.

Excellent point RickyP. Does the SEC schedule the SEC games, and what time of the year they are played, or is that left up to the AD's?

Excellent point RickyP. Does the SEC schedule the SEC games, and what time of the year they are played, or is that left up to the AD's?
It's up to the SEC, and from what I understand Mitch Barnhart has mentioned that he thinks his team gets the short end on when games are played. The SEC, likely, would like to protect their potential NC teams.

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but I think that's true.

The SEC, likely, would like to protect their potential NC teams.

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but I think that's true.

I would say you're right, and to be fair, they should at least rotate it every few years.

I thought UK played well, but you can't score 7 points against Florida, especially @ the Swamp, and expect to win.

We never expected to win anyway. :lol:

All the announcers kept saying was, "This isn't the same Kentucky team we saw against Louisville." They tried every explanation except the correct to explain it, IMO. I know it won't be a popular opinion, but how about this one...Louisville is better than Florida.

I was pleased with UK's showing. They were up against a far superior opponent in an intimidating environment. The Florida defense asserted control in the second half. I think they knew UK couldn't block their front four, so they took away the short pass knowing that Woodson probably wouldn't have enough time to let a deep route develop. That's life.

One thing that I was really pleased with was how the defense forced a couple of big turnovers in the second to keep Florida out of the end zone and keep us "in the game" sort of. Granted we really didn't have a chance to come back, but when is the last time UK's defense forced turnovers in situations like that. Plays like that could be the difference in winning and losing when we play opponents closer to our talent level (South Carolina comes to mind).

Hopefully we're making some progress and this wasn't a complete fluke. Time will tell, I suppose.

David Jones' run was one of the most exciting plays I've seen in a while. It reminded me of Reggie Bush, in a way.

I know I am biased, but I think DJ is one of those guys who UK needs to get the ball in his hands more often. He has the ability to produce against SEC competition and he hasn't been getting any touches.

I was happy for him on that run, but I know he is disappointed in getting pretty much left out the past 2-3 games. I know he requested the move to offense, and maybe he is behind a little on the learning curve. I'd just like to see him more utilized than he has been.

I think a play that no one has mentioned yet really killed KY was the offensive pass interference called in the first half.That took away a big play and I think cost us some points,probably 7 of them because the offense was on a roll at the time.How often do you see that called?The KY player flagged for it hardly brushed the guy.I watched the UL game and their game they ran the same type of play and actually blocked the corner and nothing was called.Every team runs these plays and its never called on the offense.I guess I can't say never anymore.I don't think this changed the outcome of the game but it probably changed the point spread along with some momentem in the first half.