Florida 26 Kentucky 7

TheDeuce

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida turned it up a notch in the 2nd half and the UK O-line stayed in the locker room at halftime...The Cats made a game of it and played the Gators tough but the Gators simply have more talent and depth across the board and it showed when it really mattered.

Hopefully the Cats can bounce back next week and beat Central Michigan...

U.K. did play well against a far superior team. We got homered pretty good in the first half but that is in no way what lost this game. Uk's "O" line got worn down in the 2nd half, the defense while playing better lets too many catches in front of them while they are standing there looking at the guy catch the ball. Florida has better athletes, are better coached (and that is not my usual slam on Brooks, I just believe that). I thought that this game would be alot worse but I am not a believer in moral victories, we lost plain and simple. I still don't think that UK can get 6 wins but I hope that we can, even going to a 6-6 /.500 record toilet bowl is better than none.........I guess. As down as this program has been for years it has to take baby steps and I belive that they may be (or least crawling:D ).

I think there are a lot of positives for UK in this game. For starters I'd look at the fact that Florida scored as much in the game as Louisville did before halftime. They actually led Florida close to halftime before the defense got run over on that drive. If they could play that way against teams that aren't as good as Florida, I see no reason they couldn't have 7 wins. I think it's almost certain they'll lose to Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia (as long as Georgia doesn't play the way they did against Colorado), but I think they could win every other game.

Nice effort by Woodson. Cats in dire need of an offensive line!!:cry: Left tackle played matador all night.

Tamme also looked impressive. Cats killed some nice drives with mistakes and you can't make mistakes against a team like Florida.

Florida has a brutal schedule coming up but is a serious contender for a national title.

Things seem to be looking up for UK football. I like it. I only saw the first half and #16 on defense impressed me..

#16 is Wesley Woodyard. He's an outstanding linebackers, and only a sophomore.

As for the defense, why did they fall back into prevent at the end of the first half? They had been playing extremely well on defense prior to that. I think that drive gave Florida a great deal of confidence and sent Kentucky into the half reeling a bit. That was the "make or break" play of the game. I don't think Kentucky would have won, but that did little to help the upset bid.

#16 is Wesley Woodyard. He's an outstanding linebackers, and only a sophomore.

As for the defense, why did they fall back into prevent at the end of the first half? They had been playing extremely well on defense prior to that. I think that drive gave Florida a great deal of confidence and sent Kentucky into the half reeling a bit. That was the "make or break" play of the game. I don't think Kentucky would have won, but that did little to help the upset bid.

Eww prevent.. I dispise it, seems to never work.

A few thoughts:

1. Florida is a better team and deserved to win the game but I enjoyed watching us play them for once; especially the first half.

2. Missing that fumble for a 20 yard gain is something we have to work on; a break we have to get to win big games.

3. We have to protect our quarterback so he can throw the ball; it is that simple.

4. This game sure beat last year's 7 straight touchdown affair; I saw vast improvement in this year's team.

5. Tebow is scary.