Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I follow.

Those folks working in the prisons are trained for these types of things, right? They aren't supposed to just let prisoners kill themselves and I'm sure they all receive some sort of training to identify all qualities of suicidal tendencies. If he was murdered then it was likely an inside job and if they can't prove it right away then they have to say it was suicide. On top of that they're saying he didn't seem suicidal and he didn't leave a note but not one person saw suicidal tendencies in him? Maybe he did kill himself and maybe he kept all of his demons completely and totally to himself despite the fact that things were looking up for him and he was closer now than ever before to clearing his name. Maybe he had everyone fooled again but this sure seems awfully fishy and I am hesitant to trust those in power over this situation when they have more to lose than anyone else in this situation.

Those folks working in the prisons are trained for these types of things, right? They aren't supposed to just let prisoners kill themselves and I'm sure they all receive some sort of training to identify all qualities of suicidal tendencies. If he was murdered then it was likely an inside job and if they can't prove it right away then they have to say it was suicide. On top of that they're saying he didn't seem suicidal and he didn't leave a note but not one person saw suicidal tendencies in him? Maybe he did kill himself and maybe he kept all of his demons completely and totally to himself despite the fact that things were looking up for him and he was closer now than ever before to clearing his name. Maybe he had everyone fooled again but this sure seems awfully fishy and I am hesitant to trust those in power over this situation when they have more to lose than anyone else in this situation.
I'm not buying the media spin that things were looking that bright for him. Dude was gonna rot in that joint.

I don't trust anyone in the system to show us that footage. Especially since it is their fault he killed himself. Lots of people covering their butts right now. Meanwhile the entire investigation is screwed.

Who's fault? Who are you blaming?

His former agent and attorneys have both said he didn't show any signs of being suicidal. His attorney has spent every day for the last few months with him preparing for and conducting the trial. You think he could hide it from them but a prison guard should have figured it out? He probably hadn't even been at that prison for weeks, was probably held at a local jail during the trial...he would have just returned to prison in all likelihood.

I'm not buying the media spin that things were looking that bright for him. Dude was gonna rot in that joint.

This is where I am. Every lawyer in America is going to tell you that you have a good chance to win your appeal. We really expect him to say, "Nah, not shot."? They are gonna keep taking the money as long as their client will give it. Hernandez was never getting out and he knew it.

His former agent and attorneys have both said he didn't show any signs of being suicidal. His attorney has spent every day for the last few months with him preparing for and conducting the trial. You think he could hide it from them but a prison guard should have figured it out? He probably hadn't even been at that prison for weeks, was probably held at a local jail during the trial...he would have just returned to prison in all likelihood.

Those prison guards deal with suicidal inmates every day of their life. Those lawyers don't. The prison guards see and experience way way way way more than those lawyers experience so yes, I'd say a prison guard would figure it out much sooner than a lawyer would.

Those prison guards deal with suicidal inmates every day of their life. Those lawyers don't. The prison guards see and experience way way way way more than those lawyers experience so yes, I'd say a prison guard would figure it out much sooner than a lawyer would.

I seriously doubt prison guards are that highly trained.

I have to believe if his girlfriend and daughter were receiving death threats and indeed he knew he was guilty of the 1st murder, then maybe just maybe he had a feeling that if killed himself they would be safe and it would be better to kill himself, then rot in prison. Just my opinion!

I seriously doubt prison guards are that highly trained.
I have 2 prison guards in my family. I can attest, they aren't that highly trained in psych eval. Basic crisis management and protocol lies their mastery.

Looking at this scene it doesn't look right.

However I have dealt with more than a few suicides and more than once the individual appeared "all right" with life and that they were "coping." Then move right along with a plan to "end it all." So the notion that he said this things is not necessarily out of character with someone who is contemplating suicide.

I knew a lady who was about to be discovered in a huge embezzlement at her long time place of work. She set out dinner to thaw and left the place like she normally would if she had to run to the store or something. She took off all her jewelry in her bedroom, took only her driver's license and then drove to and jumped off a bridge into the Kentucky River.

I've known others who said all sorts of things to not make people worry about what was really going on in their minds.

It's very unusual and yet not when dealing with suicide.

I've worked in mental health for the last few years and you're absolutely right, sometimes you just don't know.

One thing I've learned in school and noticed in the field is if a severely depressed person starts acting happy and positive then that may be a red flag for suicide or something of that sort. Once someone has made that decision there usually comes a sense of peace or relief, so it is not uncommon for them to have a "happier" outlook. It's like they've already made peace with what they are about to do.

If Hernandez was feeling a little more positive lately, it could be due to the perceived good news of the acquittal and possible appeal. However, it may be possible he knew he had just seen his family and daughter for the last time and he was just saying by.

Who knows? Strange case none the less and certainly a tragic American sports story. Not as bad a fall as OJ, but has to be pretty close.....