North Carolina 75 Kentucky 73

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways that says that Cals players don't care and that this is just a stepping stone should watch Bam and DeAaron after the game balling their eyes out. What Cal does is amazing. He does what it takes most coaches 4 years to do. He turns teams into brothers and he does it year after year. Absolutely amazing.

Agree

You have to give UNC credit, they hit 3 straight very difficult shots after UK took the lead to snatch the momentum from the Cats.

I have admiration for the fight UK showed, but Carolina is probably just a little better team than the Cats.

2 of those were brutal. Very fortunate to go in for UNC. Highly contested. Willis missed a corner 3 on the other end after that.

You have to give UNC credit, they hit 3 straight very difficult shots after UK took the lead to snatch the momentum from the Cats.

I have admiration for the fight UK showed, but Carolina is probably just a little better team than the Cats.

I have to agree about the difficult shots. When UK went up by 5 Pinson drove the left baseline and made a shot from practically behind the backboard. And Jackson followed that with an off balance tough shot in the lane that bounced around and through. Those both were not easy shots. And Barry made a driving hook type shot that went nearly to the top of the backboard and went in.

That stretch were the Cats were up 5 and then were outscored 10-0 was a killer. Put UK behind and playing catch-up the rest of the game.

I have to agree about the difficult shots. When UK went up by 5 Pinson drove the left baseline and made a shot from practically behind the backboard. And Jackson followed that with an off balance tough shot in the lane that bounced around and through. Those both were not easy shots. And Barry made a driving hook type shot that went nearly to the top of the backboard and went in.

That stretch were the Cats were up 5 and then were outscored 10-0 was a killer. Put UK behind and playing catch-up the rest of the game.

I felt so good about their chances when they went up 5 and then in a blink of an eye they went down 5, obvious statement but huge shift there! Willis had that Corner 3 that is usually money for him and when he missed that I knew it would be tough sledding to come back. Credit to them for fighting and tying it up. After that 3 Cal said he should have called a timeout, and looking back I agree with that but part of me thinks you let them play. That's a tough call there. I hate how the game ended but loved the fight they showed for all 40 minutes. Unfortunately, sometimes that happens.

PLEASE BAM and BRISCOE stay one more year. Pretty obvious that Fox and Monk are gone but I would love for these two to stick around!

Anyone think SKJ transfers, and maybe Gabriel??

I felt so good about their chances when they went up 5 and then in a blink of an eye they went down 5, obvious statement but huge shift there! Willis had that Corner 3 that is usually money for him and when he missed that I knew it would be tough sledding to come back. Credit to them for fighting and tying it up. After that 3 Cal said he should have called a timeout, and looking back I agree with that but part of me thinks you let them play. That's a tough call there. I hate how the game ended but loved the fight they showed for all 40 minutes. Unfortunately, sometimes that happens.

PLEASE BAM and BRISCOE stay one more year. Pretty obvious that Fox and Monk are gone but I would love for these two to stick around!

Anyone think SKJ transfers, and maybe Gabriel??

Why would Gabriel transfer?

Anyone not thinking UNC would win is fooling themselves. They were the better team talent wise coming into today. It does blow to lose that way but we are lucky it was that close. Bam was Bam, Fox, and Monk were non existent for 90% of the game. Humpfries kept up Bams end of the deal.

I feel the game was officiated way to tight on both sides. When both teams are in a double bonus with 8minutes in the first half There is an issue. UNC earned the win for sure. Go GAMECOCKS!!!!

It was a 2-point game that was won on essentially a buzzer beater. Kentucky very easily could have and probably should have won the game.

The better team won tonight. It's really that simple.

Both teams have won one game against each other on neutral courts on basically last second shots. So don't think we can say either one is the better team. UNC was just the better team on this day. To bad there can't be a game three.

This would never happen. But it would be cool if starting at the elite 8. They made it a best of 3 series the rest of the way.