North Carolina 75 Kentucky 73

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials called it tight, their were some bad calls especially getting about 4 of our guys in foul trouble in the 1st Half. But no way officiating cost us this game, We had the game right where we wanted it, Just a miscommunication late on D that lead to an open game winning shot for Maye. This one hurts..I can't talk about it anymore until the Reds start so I'm focused on another sport, Tournament losses always hurt, game winning shot makes it hurt more..

I definitely agree with you about the officiating not costing the Wildcats. The first half was very frustrating with a few of the calls, but Kentucky just couldn't close yesterday. If only Willis hits that three in the corner.

Knowing how bad the Reds are going to be again isn't helping me lol.

I'm betting if the Heels can finish this out, Ol' Roy hangs it up.

What's really crazy is if you think about 5 years from now, odds are we won't have Roy, Coach K, Boeheim, Pitino, or Cal around any more. Maybe not Izzo either. Landscape of coaches is sure gonna look a whole heck of a lot different, and soon.

Tough way to end a season, but as a UK fan I admire their fight until the final horn. Being down 7 points with under a minute to play and they find a way to tie up and make UNC win it; give UNC credit they rose up to the challenge.

The people that say Roy out coached Cal, how smart would have Roy looked having Meeks inbound the ball and got a 5 second call on him. Neither coach "out coached" the other; they both did a good job off keeping their teams motivated and encouraged the entire game.

UK needed Fox or Monk to have a better than average game, but neither one could get into a flow because of UNC's size.

Great season for UK, looking forward next year's team!

Edited by LongTimeReader

I know that this is an opinion shared by very few, but I am glad to see Bam leaving. Our beast has a four cylinder engine that stands idleing at the elbow watching teammates shots rebounded by opponents. A warrior doesn't play 34 minutes and get a weak two fouls while the opponents are continually ripping rebound after rebound off the glass. Are his arms short and/or hands small? Just cannot imagine being that tall and strong and continually getting dunks blocked because he takes so long to slam the ball through with his two hand wind-up delivery. Hands of stone and fundamentally weak with continually putting the ball on the floor. Seems like he mentally engaged about 10 minutes in this game. IMO

@RealJayWilliams

All for a great game but do the refs have UNC winning in their bracket or something. @finalfour #UNCvsUK

I saw on twitter a post where John Higgins has officiated 5 NCAA games that involved Kentucky and the Cats have lost 4 of them. Their only win was over Cornell. They lost to Michigan State when Tubby was coach, lost in 2011 to UCONN in the Final Four (he was the ref under the basket that called the infamous foul on Liggins when a Huskies player jumped sideways and flopped down. Replays showed he wasn't touched and basically put on a Hollywood act), loss to Wisconsin in 2015, and the loss yesterday. That's a little too coincidental for me. The guy clearly has a dislike for UK. He's simply made too many obvious calls and no calls against the Cats. I'm not much on conspiracy theories but I believe the proof is in the pudding, or in Higgins' case the whistle, with his ref duties when Kentucky is playing.

What's really crazy is if you think about 5 years from now, odds are we won't have Roy, Coach K, Boeheim, Pitino, or Cal around any more. Maybe not Izzo either. Landscape of coaches is sure gonna look a whole heck of a lot different, and soon.

I think Cal will still be around in five years. I'd say you are right on the others.