Trump's Education Pick

Hellcats

The country is broke and has been for some time. The idea that there is some sort of federal money tree that can turn poor areas into prosperous ones should have been relegated to the ash heap of history long ago.

Federal money is state money. Federal money is local money. Federal money is borrowed money. The federal government does not produce any wealth. It transfers money from one place to another, while helping itself to a large cut.

What will happen to KY schools without funding from the Feds?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What will happen to KY schools without funding from the Feds?
The state will keep more of its citizens' money and will not need to continue to employ people who do nothing but apply for federal grants and decide which schools benefit from federal funding. Life will go on and people who have the greatest stake in educating Kentucky children will be more free to perform their jobs.

Utah schools are not well funded by any measure and the average class sizes are well above the national average. Standardized tests like the ACT may not be perfect measures of teaching success, but scores are objective and there is a strong correlation between high test scores and readiness for college course work.

The achievement level and expectations of parents is a factor that, IMO, has a larger influence on student achievement than teacher pay levels and class size do. Children of successful parents will always have a greater chance of academic success than poor children from broken homes will. The culture of dependency that dominates many schools in this country cannot be overcome through increased school funding.

We are in about 90% agreement.

• 3 weeks later...

While the debate rages on all night, and whether or not Devos is good or bad, the Democrats are killing themselves with the way they are conducting business. Its hurting the nation. Agree or not, its facts, and its facts that will show where it hurts the most. At the ballot boxes.

Vote coming soon. Dems are in a full court press to get enough no votes.

Report came out saying her family has donated $950K to 21 R senators who will be voting.

I thought that Candidate Trump said that he was going to get away from this type of crap.

She is the wrong choice and some others in the GOP need to have the guts to vote against her.

While the debate rages on all night, and whether or not Devos is good or bad, the Democrats are killing themselves with the way they are conducting business. Its hurting the nation. Agree or not, its facts, and its facts that will show where it hurts the most. At the ballot boxes.

Do you believe DeVos is qualified for this position?

There is debate about whether she is qualified for the position? I'd like to see that case made with a straight face.

Do you believe DeVos is qualified for this postion?

I dont know enough to comment. She made some really dumb remarks but I seriously have not followed this one enough to know. She also has stepped on some toes along the way which has not helped her.

My work has kept me to busy the past week or so to even try to figure it out. But there is a large chance she gets confirmed whether she is qualified or not. Wont be the first time someone not qualified got one of the appointed jobs.

But to my point do you think the events of the past three weeks have helped the Democrats gain any voter by the way they are acting?