The POTUS and the Emolument Clause

Clyde

I will disagree in one area. I bet the media LOVES the fact that Mr Trump fires off tweets. It's fodder. I bet they have people watching his account 24/7 ready to react.

If you're media President Trump is gold. He's job security.

He is stabilizing American jobs. No argument from me on that one.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And nothing will stick. I'm glad he will be doing the work of the people, if not all. Then the ones who voted for him. I doubt if anyone will refuse the increase in value of 401K's.

It doesn't matter if it sticks. As with Hillary and Obama when your critics get going and look for every little thing they can find they will pounce on it. Anytime a group from another country stays in the Trump Towers there will be scrutiny not just here in America but worldwide. Wait until we find out folks from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Pakistan, insert Middle East country..... are staying at Trump Towers. It will be news and it will be discussed ad nauseum.

Sadly, I agree.

Hell, I read a story today about Trump recordings and a $5 Million dollar confidentiality agreement. Between the real news and fake news there will be a new story everyday. Add in Trump Towers and potential conflicts of interest and things are going to get interesting and exhausting at the same time.

Hell, I read a story today about Trump recordings and a $5 Million dollar confidentiality agreement. Between the real news and fake news there will be a new story everyday. Add in Trump Towers and potential conflicts of interest and things are going to get interesting and exhausting at the same time.

The good news for the country is Trump will just keep plowing ahead, creating real jobs and opportunities. Guessing many will have the choice to continue protesting, or join in the movement & better their lives--The choice will be theirs?

If this doesn't materialize, then I'll jump in and criticize him accordingly as just another politician. Right now, I've actually got hope for the first time in many years!

Edited by StickerMann
add thought

It's going to be a potential distraction for the President. I don't see how it doesn't become a hot button.

The dogs bark; the caravan moves on.

While whiney liberals continue to have a hissy fit, Trump & his team will press on with reducing government and making it more efficient.

On a serious note, we need investigative journalism now more than ever. I'm glad to see people are paying for it with what's at stake.

I'm glad to know that you value investigative journalism.

Let's assume that the Russians really are behind WikiLeaks (I don't believe that, but for the moment I'll grant you the point).

Woodwardinov and Bernsteinovich didn't INVENT Clinton's corruption, they simply reported on it. HOW they found their "Deep Throat" isn't the issue. It's WHAT that source revealed that is the important thing.

I'm glad to know that you value investigative journalism.

Let's assume that the Russians really are behind WikiLeaks (I don't believe that, but for the moment I'll grant you the point).

Woodwardinov and Bernsteinovich didn't INVENT Clinton's corruption, they simply reported on it. HOW they found their "Deep Throat" isn't the issue. It's WHAT that source revealed that is the important thing.

You're comparing Woodward and Bernstein to WikiLeaks? Interesting. Well, nah, nevermind. You don't think Russia was involved in the hacks. So yeah, nevermind.

The good news for the country is Trump will just keep plowing ahead, creating real jobs and opportunities. Guessing many will have the choice to continue protesting, or join in the movement & better their lives--The choice will be theirs?

If this doesn't materialize, then I'll jump in and criticize him accordingly as just another politician. Right now, I've actually got hope for the first time in many years!

I'm looking forward to seeing the actual numbers on all of these jobs he is supposed to create. Does military personnel count as jobs created?

You're comparing Woodward and Bernstein to WikiLeaks? Interesting. Well, nah, nevermind. You don't think Russia was involved in the hacks. So yeah, nevermind.

You're having difficulty understanding similes? Interesting. Well, nah, nevermind. You don't think an inside source was involved in the hacks. So yeah, nevermind.

You're having difficulty understanding similes? Interesting. Well, nah, nevermind. You don't think an inside source was involved in the hacks. So yeah, nevermind.

I think Russia was involved. As does every intelligence agency in the U.S. I definitely think an inside source was involved as well. I think that is fairly easy to see. Forget their motivation. An inside source giving information to Russia for their own use is disturbing. I'd feel much better with an inside source giving information to American media(Woodward and Bernstein) than Vladimir Putin. Wouldn't you?

What similes? You said you don't believe the Russians are behind WikiLeaks. How is that a simile? I guess I'm missing something.