The POTUS and the Emolument Clause

Clyde

And nothing will stick. I'm glad he will be doing the work of the people, if not all. Then the ones who voted for him. I doubt if anyone will refuse the increase in value of 401K's.

401K? Some should be worried about health insurance.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand. He will fight every accusation tooth and nail through tweets and lawsuits forgetting his job is to run this country.

I also don't believe for a second that he will instruct his businesses to stand down from these practices.

#pay4play

Pay for play. He's already a billionaire who turned down his presidential salary. The pay for play angle only works on broke scandelous politicians. Trump provides services. The only thing the Clintons owned was a charity to receive other peoples donations for political favor and speeches for pay. Apples and oranges no matter how much you hate and try to spin it.

The dogs bark; the caravan moves on.

While whiney liberals continue to have a hissy fit, Trump & his team will press on with reducing government and making it more efficient.

I'm not sure how that addresses this thread.

Do you a)think it's possible this story is true and b)if so, it's a problem?

Take the sanctuary state California away and what was the vote total again?

Why take California away? Last time I looked, it was one of the 50.

Unless their votes don't count any more. Which would no doubt please my BGP Alt-right friends.

Why? Where is it going?

Good question and probably another thread. There are issues with simply repealing it immediately. One group who would be hurt would be those who obtained coverage through ACA that would not qualify under traditional plans. It's not as simple as simply canceling it.

Why take California away? Last time I looked, it was one of the 50.

Unless their votes don't count any more. Which would no doubt please my BGP Alt-right friends.

All us Alt Right BGPers would love to see them tossed. They want gone anyway, I say let them go. Dont hold them against their will. Thats not the American way. Then maybe some of you Alt Left BGPers can move out there with them. See how easy that was to fix this problem.

Would we have had this conversation if John Kerry had won the presidency every time a foreign dignitary put Heinz Ketchup on their fries?

I assume we would not since I don't believe Mrs Kerry owns any portion of the company.

Would we have had this conversation if John Kerry had won the presidency every time a foreign dignitary put Heinz Ketchup on their fries?

Would he benefit monetarily if Kraft Heinz did better business? I suspect not since his wife cashed out her stock.

All us Alt Right BGPers would love to see them tossed. They want gone anyway, I say let them go. Dont hold them against their will. Thats not the American way. Then maybe some of you Alt Left BGPers can move out there with them. See how easy that was to fix this problem.

I'd hate it for my red state friends when the federal tax dollars from California stop pouring into their coffers.:lol:

2016’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States | WalletHub®

#wheredallmystatesmoneygo

#shortsighted