Cooper 81 Ryle 51

BigT

Sean McNeil - 21 pts, 10 rebs, 4 asts, 4 stls and 3 blks

Adam Kunkel - 13 pts, 5 rebs

Chris McNeil - 12 pts, 5 asts

Braden Runion - 12 pts, 4 rebs

Dante Hendrix - 10 pts, 5 rebs, 4 stls

Great balance last night for the Jags. 5 in double figures and defensively Cooper showed a lot of quickness. Good quality minutes from Wasser who came in and banged when Ryle tried to go big and pound it inside.

Ryle's Cheeseman is deadly with his set shot from 3.

I know Cooper is good, but what's going on at ryle? They used to be pretty good, and had significant talent. It's rare you see a school go through a "drought" for this long when they are so big, and so well-positioned.

To be honest with you, I think Ryle has lost a few of there better players to Football and wanting to focus on only that sport. Ryle just wasnt nearly as talented as Cooper and it showed last night. They kept it pretty close for about 1.5 quarters then Cooper just turned it on!

I know Cooper is good, but what's going on at ryle? They used to be pretty good, and had significant talent. It's rare you see a school go through a "drought" for this long when they are so big, and so well-positioned.

I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but when was Ryle pretty good?

COACHING--coaching----coaching you have to know your kids and play to their strengths and not the Xs and Os daddy taught him. because we see how well it worked at NKU...

Normally wouldn't get involved in conversations like this, but coaching has very little to do with Ryle's (lack of) success. It takes more than just coaching to put a winning product on the floor and while McFarland's kids play extremely hard for him, he gets no where near the support that the administration gives to both baseball and football.

It also doesn't help that he gets little support from the middle school as far as development goes.

Normally wouldn't get involved in conversations like this, but coaching has very little to do with Ryle's (lack of) success. It takes more than just coaching to put a winning product on the floor and while McFarland's kids play extremely hard for him, he gets no where near the support that the administration gives to both baseball and football.

It also doesn't help that he gets little support from the middle school as far as development goes.

What does this mean? The administration keeps them out of the gym? They don't go to their games ? Administration won't let kids play more than 1 sport? I'm not buying the lack of administration support having anything to do with it. Other factors possibly but what does the administration have to do with it? Seriously as I pay taxes to them and it is my district.

This is just an excuse for not winning, give me a break. I guess four years ago the football team didn't get much support either.

This is just an excuse for not winning, give me a break. I guess four years ago the football team didn't get much support either.

I'm not going to get in to specifics because it's not my place to but you really have no clue what goes on day to day out there if you think McFarland gets the same support some of the other programs get.

Fwiw, I'll be the first to say that I think Ryle is struggling because they are going through a down cycle in talent. McFarland is doing everything he can to build that program but it takes a lot of different parts to make it happen and he isn't getting help from some of those parts.