Former Wake Forest player, coach and radio announcer leaked info.

All Tell

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way this is an issue is if money exchanged hands. If not, it's nothing more than a ticked off employee. And again, Wake's issue.

I orginally thought he was upset for losing a coaching spot. But on Barstoolsports Rundown tonight they threw out the theory he could be in the hole huge with a bookie and influencing an outcome is highly plauisble to chip away at debt.

There is no proof behind it yet , but seems highly plausible.

It isn't a big deal to me. I get the faux outrage over it because everyone loves to believe in the greater good. Fact of the matter is with all of the time and money spent into scouting opponents that playbook isn't telling them much they already don't know if they scout well. Every Power 5 school has enough players on scholarships to have a scout team run the other teams plays on offense and defense in preparation for each week's game. How is having the playbook and having every play they have ran to date on film any different?

According to WF, the stuff found at Louisville had plays listed that they had never ran in a game...can't get those from scouting.

Maybe they were going to run something new that week, came out and Louisville was already lined up to stop it?

Can't really dismiss the info as being useless until we know what it was. Could have been sideline signals, script of plays, new formations there are 100's of things that could be helpful that you wouldn't necessarily get from scouting game film.

Teams especially in college will bring out new wrinkles from time to time, if the other team is ready and waiting it is a big advantage.

I don't understand why any Louisville coach would even have the conversation, it's not like they shoikd have needed help to beat Wake.

Just by accepting it it makes them look shady, or as Clyde would say, "It has bad optics"

According to WF, the stuff found at Louisville had plays listed that they had never ran in a game...can't get those from scouting.

Maybe they were going to run something new that week, came out and Louisville was already lined up to stop it?

Can't really dismiss the info as being useless until we know what it was. Could have been sideline signals, script of plays, new formations there are 100's of things that could be helpful that you wouldn't necessarily get from scouting game film.

Teams especially in college will bring out new wrinkles from time to time, if the other team is ready and waiting it is a big advantage.

I don't understand why any Louisville coach would even have the conversation, it's not like they shoikd have needed help to beat Wake.

Just by accepting it it makes them look shady, or as Clyde would say, "It has bad optics"

Maybe they were maybe they weren't. It's been reported that they didn't run any of the plays so in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter one iota. Let's all hop on the sportsmanship and morality train in an NCAA sponsored activity though.

#irony

It's Petrino, it's underhanded and so like him. The biggest liar and cheat in college sports. Why is no one surprised. With Louisville announcing something today, they are obviously trying to get out in front of something before it does get worse. The asst coach will be gone just like basketball where the blame was on the former asst there.

Nothing will happen more than a slap on the hand. it's so sad it has become laughable there.

It's Petrino, it's underhanded and so like him. The biggest liar and cheat in college sports. Why is no one surprised. With Louisville announcing something today, they are obviously trying to get out in front of something before it does get worse. The asst coach will be gone just like basketball where the blame was on the former asst there.

Nothing will happen more than a slap on the hand. it's so sad it has become laughable there.

How has he cheated in college sports?

Maybe they were maybe they weren't. It's been reported that they didn't run any of the plays so in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter one iota. Let's all hop on the sportsmanship and morality train in an NCAA sponsored activity though.

#irony

Exactly. Morals and ethics have been written off at UofL as the cost of keeping up with the Joneses.

This is probably one of the more ridiculous posts ever in this forum.

My bad. You didn't think his comments were embarrassing?

So if a TA gave me exam answers and the professor caught me, I could go to the Dean and say "Well actually none of the answers he gave ended up on the test. Plus I'm not the only one."