Former Wake Forest player, coach and radio announcer leaked info.

All Tell

Here's my take on it, regardless of the teams involved:

Two things would be big problems: 1.)Did someone ASK for the information and 2.) Did someone PAY for the information.

If neither of those occurred, I don't have any issue with any school using the information provided by a disgruntled employee to prepare for an upcoming game. That's on Wake.

I can see both sides of it though. Anyone that has any ethics and also common sense would report this if they knew it came from a disgruntled employee, no matter how they got the information. Otherwise, your just opening things up for a ton of speculation once it finally comes out. Outside of morals, I would have reported it to protect my job in terms of the future. By not doing so, it leaves questions. Which is bad for any program involved, no matter how you look at it.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see both sides of it though. Anyone that has any ethics and also common sense would report this if they knew it came from a disgruntled employee, no matter how they got the information. Otherwise, your just opening things up for a ton of speculation once it finally comes out. Outside of morals, I would have reported it to protect my job in terms of the future. By not doing so, it leaves questions. Which is bad for any program involved, no matter how you look at it.

I can see your point as well.

I can see your point as well.

Yeah, I really don't think UL needed the information one bit to prepare for the game. So my line of thinking at that point would be do I report it and potentially save my job as well as eliminate any speculation, or do I just attempt to forget about the conversation and hope it never comes out. I'm not a tattle tell by any means, but I know what I would have done in that situation.

People are just dismissing this as not a big deal. We will find out soon if the ACC agrees.

It isn't a big deal to me. I get the faux outrage over it because everyone loves to believe in the greater good. Fact of the matter is with all of the time and money spent into scouting opponents that playbook isn't telling them much they already don't know if they scout well. Every Power 5 school has enough players on scholarships to have a scout team run the other teams plays on offense and defense in preparation for each week's game. How is having the playbook and having every play they have ran to date on film any different?

Why don't college football programs have agreements with their employees like a business . If I were to reveal trade secrets to a competitor my place of employment would ruin me financially.

In my mind this will come down to if money changed hands. If the announcer proactively offered info for free I don't know how you could punish anyone. On the same token it does show a lack of respect for the WF coaching staff that none of their peers have enough decency to give them a heads up.

I mean WF has been so-so but why in the world would any team risk negative public perception over getting their plays or gameplan. It would make more sense if it were Bama.