Former Wake Forest player, coach and radio announcer leaked info.

All Tell

I just heard the snippet on the radio. He said if through investigation it's found Petrino willingly took that kind of information he should be fired. I still think fired may be a little harsh, but I definitely agree with some sort of discipline.

He could be made to park his motorcycle for a period of time. :thumb:

On a less sarcastic note, I'm with you; firing him is a little harsh.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this goes much further than UofL, if he's been doing this for 3 seasons.

If I'm Coaching UK and The Deuce is coaching Louisville and someone is offering me his game plan...I'm pretty sure I'm letting Deuce know what's up. If you have an ounce of respect for the WF coach, you have to let him know what's going on. The fact that other schools over 3 seasons didn't means either they all hate that dude at WF or there are absolutely no morals in college football.

I think this goes much further than UofL, if he's been doing this for 3 seasons.

If I'm Coaching UK and The Deuce is coaching Louisville and someone is offering me his game plan...I'm pretty sure I'm letting Deuce know what's up. If you have an ounce of respect for the WF coach, you have to let him know what's going on. The fact that other schools over 3 seasons didn't means either they all hate that dude at WF or there are absolutely no morals in college football.

This is where I tend to fall.

This could be getting good....

Tommy Elrod ‏@Tommy_Elrod 19m19 minutes ago

I genuinely made a mistake and regret it. I was upset and I can not apologize enough to Wake Forest and our fans. I'm sorry for everything.

Tommy Elrod ‏@Tommy_Elrod 17m17 minutes ago

I will be releasing the teams I have been in contact in with the last 3 years soon. I want to make this right and redeem my family name.

This guy could name every team on Wake's schedule the last three years and then it would be up to those schools to prove it wasn't true. Pretty "easy" position for him to be in, and puts the schools in a bad one, IMO.

Here's my take on it, regardless of the teams involved:

Two things would be big problems: 1.)Did someone ASK for the information and 2.) Did someone PAY for the information.

If neither of those occurred, I don't have any issue with any school using the information provided by a disgruntled employee to prepare for an upcoming game. That's on Wake.