Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you tell the people who say these victims deserved what they got to wait until all the facts come out, or do you automatically take the cops' words as fact?

I will never decide one way or the other until all facts come out, especially when there either isn't video or like this case the video is of little help. I think everyone should wait. Unfortunately that isn't he world we live in so here we are 11 pages deep.

What I don't like posters stating things as fact when they are clearly not. Or making ignorant statements of how officers should respond in certain circumstances when they don't have the first clue what they are talking about. It doesn't help anything and only drives a deep wedge.

So we should not wait for all facts to come out before deciding guilt?

The facts always support the cop's version. That's one of the problems in these situations. Right or wrong we all see the video with our different interpretations and we never hear the dead guy's version of the event. Because the cops are the cops their version is taken as gospel and those end up being the facts. Now, I've never been a cop but I imagine their brotherhood and unity is as strong as any union member brotherhood can be so I can't imagine a scenario where cops wouldn't look out for another in any situation.

And I'm not saying that is what is happpening in every situation but I also think we would be naive to believe that cops don't know the proper things to say and do in these situations in order to cover themselves or their partners.

So do you tell the people who say these victims deserved what they got to wait until all the facts come out, or do you automatically take the cops' words as fact?

Going back I'm not sure I answered your question. I don't respond to every person who makes those claims either way.

The facts always support the cop's version. That's one of the problems in these situations. Right or wrong we all see the video with our different interpretations and we never hear the dead guy's version of the event. Because the cops are the cops their version is taken as gospel and those end up being the facts. Now, I've never been a cop but I imagine their brotherhood and unity is as strong as any union member brotherhood can be so I can't imagine a scenario where cops wouldn't look out for another in any situation.

And I'm not saying that is what is happpening in every situation but I also think we would be naive to believe that cops don't know the proper things to say and do in these situations in order to cover themselves or their partners.

I don't think they always support the polices version as we've seen in cases on here. This one specifically is tough because the video is pretty much useless.

I will also say when it's all I have left I will believe the officers side. In order to not believe them you would have to believe officers are evil just out to kill people.

Not the case in Charleston. Facts and video condemned the officer. Same thing in Albuquerque. Not always PP.

And that's the other thing. How come the body cameras or audio never works in these situations? 3 weeks from now audio will be recovered and forensics experts will say the voice belonged to so and so and no one thinks that is fishy?

As far as I know they didn't have body cams. I'm not sure about audio from a cruisers camera, not sure how that works.

The lady that called this in mentioned " He might be on something". I read that in a different article. Maybe the helicopter pilot heard that?

I didn't realize they both fired at nearly the same time. One with a tazer and her with the gun.

Edited by HammerTime