Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

You make good points PP. But data shows an African-American person is 23 more times likely to be killed by another African-American than by a police officer (based on 2015 crime data).

Serious question. I'm curious if you also show your kids videos of news reports of innocent African-American children being gunned down by other African-Americans since that's where they are, statistically speaking, more likely to catch a bullet they don't deserve

We don't live in an area where the environmental factors of black on black violence come into play in their lives. My kids don't sell crack, they don't hang out on the street corners at all times of the night, they have a father in their house and not in jail and we don't live in the ghetto. We actually have two deputies, a DEA Agent and a State Trooper that reside in our neighborhood so black on black violence isn't a concern for our family. Plus they listen to rap/hip hop so they are well aware of the current state of the black man in today's society. Thanks for your heartfelt concern of their plight though. :thumb:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't live in an area where the environmental factors of black on black violence come into play in their lives. My kids don't sell crack, they don't hang out on the street corners at all times of the night, they have a father in their house and not in jail and we don't live in the ghetto. We actually have two deputies, a DEA Agent and a State Trooper that reside in our neighborhood so black on black violence isn't a concern for our family. Plus they listen to rap/hip hop so they are well aware of the current state of the black man in today's society. Thanks for your heartfelt concern of their plight though. :thumb:

It also sounds like you don't live in an area where the environmental factors of police shooting African Americans comes into play either. Win-win for you

It also sounds like you don't live in an area where the environmental factors of police shooting African Americans comes into play either. Win-win for you

Actually it sounds like he is surrounded by law enforcement officers, so according to him he should be even more scared.

Funny. There should never be any environmental factors that come into play with blacks being shot by police officers. I guess that's just me though.

Funny. There should never be any environmental factors that come into play with blacks being shot by police officers. I guess that's just me though.

There shouldn't be any enviromental factors that come into play for anyone being shot no matter if they are black white yellow red or police or criminal, unfortunately no one has ever passed that on. That is why there are black on black, white on white, black on white, white on black etc. shootings.

What always gets me is that people are quick to say "you guys sentence the cops before all the facts come out," but there are a few on here who refuse to just say "yep, the cop made a mistake." Haven't done that once in all the cases we've talked about here. I wish I could say I was surprised at the double standard, but I'd be lying.

So we should not wait for all facts to come out before deciding guilt?

PP's feathers been ruffled more than normal since CK took his stand . Maybe you need a snickers PP - " you are not you when you are hungry "

My feathers aren't too ruffled. If they were I'd kneel on Friday nights. I see something I disagree with and I respond and move on. I learned to not get to emotional about stuff a little over a year ago. I don't expect many on here to agree with what I say about these racial issues but as I stated earlier I will let folks on here know what black people are saying because either people don't know what we are saying or people don't care. Or both. People may get upset with what I say or how I say it but it's only fair. I get upset with what people say and how they say it. I refuse to let my emotions overcome me though. I'd be banned if I did that and I enjoy moderating here on BGP. I like and love a ton of people here on BGP. Many of whom disagree with everything I say on here. The ability to agree to disagree without getting personal helps conversation move forward. While I do think we are at a muddy and stagnant place in race relations I will continue to be me and if folks don't like it or can't accept that then I am fine with that also.

And I don't like Snickers. I've never been able to do nuts in my chocolate for some reason. Not sure why.