Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video leaves enough room for speculation that those who want to justify either side can do so.

Bigger issue for me (other than a guy dying) is that the police report on the night of the shooting was that he wouldn't put his hands up and that he reached "inside" the SUV. Video doesn't support that. Bad memory as a result of so much going on in the mind of the officer? Selling the shooting? Again, you can get behind either of those based on what you want to believe.

This video and a few other cases in the last few years where video refutes what happened is why you have people in Columbus, rightly or wrongly, being cynical of the police claims that the kid reached inside his waistband. Doesn't matter what's true.

To justify that he was in the right does not show up on the video at all Clyde. Sorry.

I know there are the usual folks on here who want to bury the police at every chance they get, but disobeying lawful orders will not end in a good way most of the time, whether it ends in an arrest or a shooting, either way it's not good. The guy would still be alive today if he listened and obeyed the orders given to him. Sorry, just another case I don't feel sorry for the victim at all.

We live in a country where there is more outrage over a backup QB kneeling during the anthem than an unarmed black man being shot by the police and a terrorist can attempt to kill the police and he is still alive.

#AllLivesMatter

'Murica.

So what are you trying to say? Because the terrorist wasn't black the police while being shot at purposely aimed at feet and arms of the terrorist so he wouldn't die while being shot at by the same guy? Seriously? Come on Man!!!!!!!

I heard the same garbage from an idiot on Mike and Mike this morning and it makes me sad they allow such racist to give their views on that network. It was so bad that Herm Edwards after the statement was said couldn't even justify it and had Mike and Mike move on to another subject.

Disobeying an order does not justify being shot to death.

Absolutely it does not however what it does do is makes the officers nervous and tensions run high. It makes a bad situation worse and bad things happen.

Do you agree that if he reached into the car they were justified in shooting?

Absolutely it does not however what it does do is makes the officers nervous and tensions run high. It makes a bad situation worse and bad things happen.

Do you agree that if he reached into the car they were justified in shooting?

Without audio, I don't know. It didn't look, to me, like he reached in the car.

I'm not saying whether he did or didn't. My question was a hypothetical. If he did are they justified?

Without audio, it's impossible to say, although it definitely wasn't smart. Audio would give us a glimpse into the tone of the interaction.

I do wonder why the officers lied and said he refused to put his hands up, when he clearly had them up?