Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

I'm going to bet a donut that she fired her gun thinking it was her taser because she fired just once. Still wrong. If so, it's a training issue and not a racial one.

 

FWIW, I never said it was a racial issue. This sort of thing doesn't help ease the tensions between blacks and officers though, regardless of whether it was training or otherwise.

 

And I tend to agree with your suspicions.

She didn't have a taser.

 

She responded to a call of a vehicle blocking the road. One caller said a man ran from the vehicle with the doors left open and thought it was going to explode. When she arrived she said he would not respond to her questions and commands and kept reaching for his pockets. He approached the passenger side of her car and again reached for his pockets so she drew her gun.

 

I would suggest reading the article in the OP. There's alot of info in there.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently himself. Even though there is no audio do you think the cops are telling him to walk to his car? No!

 

I don't know what they were telling him. They may have been.

 

They may have been telling him to stop moving. Of course, if she was saying that, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to allow him to get to his vehicle.

I don't know what they were telling him. They may have been.

 

They may have been telling him to stop moving. Of course, if she was saying that, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to allow him to get to his vehicle.

Agreed, but I'm sure she didn't want to shoot him and they gave him every opportunity to not hurt him but he simply wouldn't stop. If they were out there to kill him then why didn't they just do it as soon as he started going back to the vehicle? Because they didn't want to kill him! That is what some on here just can't understand apparently. Some on here think they wanted to kill him no matter what.

I'm going to bet a donut that she fired her gun thinking it was her taser because she fired just once. Still wrong. If so, it's a training issue and not a racial one.

 

Let me break it down for some who refuse to ever see things other than the guy was only shot because he was black.

 

Should it have escalated to become a shooting? Nope

What would have avoided the entire mess? The guy listen to the lawful orders given.

Some think because he had his hands up, that makes all the difference in the world. What I saw was while his hands were up he was not shot, what I saw was he possibly had his hands up to give himself time to hold the officers off until he got back to his vehicle to get something, possibly a weapon, no other reason why he would need to get back to his vehicle if you ask me.

 

He gets back to the vehicle, that is when his hands come down and he reaches for something and gets shot.

 

I just don't understand why people automatically 1. make it a race issue and 2. wonder why things escalate when people ignore lawful orders and make it worse when they make the officers safety feel in jeopardy.

 

The only thing black and white about this incident is the fact that if the guy obeys the orders given to him he would still be alive today.

 

You know, I've went back and reread the entire thread. Only 3 posters have mentioned race at all you 2 and PP92. I think people are sick of needless loss of life no matter what race.

Who said they were out to needlessly kill him no matter what?

 

It appears it was a horrible lack of judgement based on what's known, IMO.

 

I don't for a second think the officer decided she was gonna murder someone just for the hell of it.

Who said they were out to needlessly kill him no matter what?

 

It appears it was a horrible lack of judgement based on what's known, IMO.

 

I don't for a second think the officer decided she was gonna murder someone just for the hell of it.

I agree, but I do have one question for you.

 

Who had the horrible lack of judgement in your eyes?

I agree, but I do have one question for you.

 

Who had the horrible lack of judgement in your eyes?

 

Both the guy and the officer.

Both the guy and the officer.

Agree...somewhat. After the fact I would say the officer also, but at the time when the officer did not know if the suspect had a weapon or not I would put the judgement issue more on the victim myself. If it wasn't for his poor judgement in the first place we wouldn't even know about the incident.

I don't know what they were telling him. They may have been.

 

They may have been telling him to stop moving. Of course, if she was saying that, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to allow him to get to his vehicle.

How was she supposed to stop him from getting to his vehicle?

How was she supposed to stop him from getting to his vehicle?

 

Do officers not have methods to get someone to stop walking away outside of a gun? I would imagine they do.

Do officers not have methods to get someone to stop walking away outside of a gun? I would imagine they do.

 

Generally they tell people to stop and they do.

If they don't (no matter what color) what happens after that is usually bad.

Do officers not have methods to get someone to stop walking away outside of a gun? I would imagine they do.

Taser's etc. but they aren't 100% effective. Even in this story it is said a taser was used, maybe it had no affect on him and their last resort was to shoot him because they feared for their own safety at that point when he reached the vehicle and was reaching for something.

Taser's etc. but they aren't 100% effective. Even in this story it is said a taser was used, maybe it had no affect on him and their last resort was to shoot him because they feared for their own safety at that point when he reached the vehicle and was reaching for something.

 

The article that I read said that the male officer deployed his taser but the female officer used her firearm. It doesn't sound as though the taser was given a chance to work.

Do officers not have methods to get someone to stop walking away outside of a gun? I would imagine they do.

I'm talking specifically in this instance? The female officer is one on one with a much larger male suspect. What was she supposed to do to stop him from walking back to his car?

I'm talking specifically in this instance? The female officer is one on one with a much larger male suspect. What was she supposed to do to stop him from walking back to his car?

 

I don't know. I don't know what procedures are. I would imagine she should've done whatever they're trained to do to stop suspects from simply walking away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.