Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

Absolutely it does not however what it does do is makes the officers nervous and tensions run high. It makes a bad situation worse and bad things happen.

Do you agree that if he reached into the car they were justified in shooting?

Yes. Absolutely.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disobeying an order does not justify being shot to death.

Depends on which order you disobey.

Stop walking away - nope.

Don't put your hands in that car - yes.

I don't know that that's what happened here, but if it did - absolutely justified.

I'm not saying whether he did or didn't. My question was a hypothetical. If he did are they justified?

By the same token do you think that the officers should share some of the blame for allowing it to get to that point? The guy walked a good distance back to his vehicle while they watched him. They were armed with non-lethal weapons. Didn't they have time to use those non-lethal weapons before allowing the situation to get to that point?

Without audio, it's impossible to say, although it definitely wasn't smart. Audio would give us a glimpse into the tone of the interaction.

I do wonder why the officers lied and said he refused to put his hands up, when he clearly had them up?

They had their guns drawn on him. What audio do you need? If they felt he was a big enough threat to draw their guns there is ZERO reason he needs to reach in that car.

It could be that when he got back to the car he put his hands down. I just watched the video again and you cannot tell what he is doing. He is blocked from view by the officers. The helicopter video is pretty useless.

They had their guns drawn on him. What audio do you need? If they felt he was a big enough threat to draw their guns there is ZERO reason he needs to reach in that car.

It could be that when he got back to the car he put his hands down. I just watched the video again and you cannot tell what he is doing. He is blocked from view by the officers. The helicopter video is pretty useless.

The other officer had their taser drawn, not gun. Why didn't they taser him as he had his back to them if they felt he was a threat?

By the same token do you think that the officers should share some of the blame for allowing it to get to that point? The guy walked a good distance back to his vehicle while they watched him. They were armed with non-lethal weapons. Didn't they have time to use those non-lethal weapons before allowing the situation to get to that point?

The female cop was on the only one on scene when he started walking about. She had her gun drawn, not here taser. By the time the second officer arrived and drew his taser the guy was already back to his car. The female officer being one on one and completely outsize she would have been stupid to have anything but her firearm drawn. So based on the video, no they do not share responsibility.

Were they justified if he reached in the car?

With one officer drawing a taser and the other a gun, I hope this isn't a case of the officer drawing the wrong weapon. We've already seen one of these in Oklahoma. If just one shot is fired, this may be the case. Not good regardless based on the lack of audio at this point.

When did he try to get in the car?

On the video you can see him turn sideways looking in the car. There is also a small gap you can see in between 2 of the officers where it looks as if he may have reached. Too hard to really see. I'm with you though. I'm thinking was going to get his ID or maybe he had a box of donuts for the officers?

The guy was already back to the car before the second officer, who drew his taser, got there and was in a position of using it.

Right. Why didn't she taser him while he was walking away, with his hands up, if she felt threatened?

I'll ask again, why did they lie and say he refused to put his hands up?

Right. Why didn't she taser him while he was walking away, with his hands up, if she felt threatened?

You aren't trained to use a taser when people are walking away.

I'll ask again, why did they lie and say he refused to put his hands up?

Was he told to put his hands up when he was standing next to the door?

Is it me, or is EVERY thread in this forum that is in any way related to a Police incident a rerun of "Groundhog's Day"?

God Bless y'all for sticking with it on both sides. We have "rinse & repeat" on lock.

Every single time. No budging from either side. (Not saying you should, just how it is) It's no wonder we can't get anything constructive done in this country.