Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Clyde

This may have been brought up (I only read page 1). I think what happened was "sympathetic gunfire". I think she heard the pop of the taser and reflex fired her gun cause she thought the other dude fired his gun.

Looks like it wasn't brought up until post 180....That's definitely a plausible scenario. If that's the way it happened, wouldn't it be easier for the officer to just come out with that right away?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it wasn't brought up until post 180....That's definitely a plausible scenario. If that's the way it happened, wouldn't it be easier for the officer to just come out with that right away?

I would go the opposite way for fear of losing my job. That excuse would not fly.

I'm sure her attorney has said for her to not say squat. She needs to go ahead and turn in her resignation. Her career is done.

I'm sure her attorney has said for her to not say squat. She needs to go ahead and turn in her resignation. Her career is done.

By the way, a)her husband was the pilot of the copter and b)her attorney is the same attorney who represented the insurance CEO who wanted to play a police officer with the Sheriff's department and accidentally shot a man.

It would not fly at all, but I'd bet a nice steak dinner, that's what happened. If she admits it, she basically admits to several possible felony charges that could apply...

It's highly probably that's what happened. Doesn't make her a bad person or a racist. It just means she is not ready to be in a conflict. We don't know until we're in one. She may pay a big price for this one.

It would not fly at all, but I'd bet a nice steak dinner, that's what happened. If she admits it, she basically admits to several possible felony charges that could apply...

I'm completely ignorant on this stuff, but wouldn't it go better for her in the long run if she admits it was an accident and deals with the felony charges, than having the Justice Department find it to be murder (if their investigation leads to that conclusion)?

I guess it may be worth it to roll the dice.

I'm completely ignorant on this stuff, but wouldn't it go better for her in the long run if she admits it was an accident and deals with the felony charges, than having the Justice Department find it to be murder (if their investigation leads to that conclusion)?

The justice department thinking it is one thing. Proving it is another. She needs to do her coworkers a favor and resign.

Maybe 10 or 15 years ago but not today.

Remember how the officer that accidentally shot the autistic caregiver in Florida couple of months ago was raked over the coals in the form of public opinion?

You can't have an accident that killed someone and people not be outraged. Not in this day and time.