Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

How do you think black people feel when you call them ignorant for feeling the way they do about the way they have to approach living their lives? When you constantly tell them that what they feel isn't legitimate? You can't possibly know what it's like for PP2 or Deuce. You can't possibly know what it is like for PP2, as the parent of black teenage males. You want to spout some rhetoric about "it doesn't matter" or "race shouldn't matter", when it DOES matter. And there is no possible way for you to know why it matters to PP2. White privilege is the privilege of believing no one is judged based on their race. It's not true, though. What is true is that white people can pretend it doesn't exist, never have to wonder whether their whiteness causes fear in and of itself.

 

No pun intended, but this issue isn't as black and white ad many on here want to make it out to be. And when a man gets shot for unknown reasons, and he's black, then yes, there will be questions. And when people question whether the police were in the right, they aren't trying to simply bash the police. There has to be accountability. If the police expect that we all obey them, then the citizenry needs to have the trust that the police aren't automatically assuming the worst about the citizenry at every turn.

 

HUGELY UNFAIR to state I called anyone ignorant - Thats the way your post reads " how do you think it feels when you call them ignorant" I didnt do any such thing , so please recant . And your post reads like you are scolding the readers and putting us in our place - No Thanks .

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I was going to reply but knew it was a lose lose situation.

 

I could say many things . I'll say I simply disagree . Its hard not to keep typing on this one.

 

HUGELY UNFAIR to state I called anyone ignorant - Thats the way your post reads " how do you think it feels when you call them ignorant" I didnt do any such thing , so please recant . And your post reads like you are scolding the readers and putting us in our place - No Thanks .

 

You sure never have a problem putting others in their place. If you are offended, so be it. Just as you have decided how to take my words, I'm sure you can understand when others read your words and take umbrage, right?

"how to take your words" ?? There is nothing left to interpretation ! You stated directly I called someone ignorant and I did no such thing. If I did -- Link it ! Geez , If we are going to disagree on something lets at least be factual .

Hindsight is always 20/20, but here goes. In my mind, guy is acting irrational, he has been told to stop, he won't and he is walking back to his car. That's a no no. Tase him then and there BEFORE something more drastic might unfold. Now, if the Taser doesn't work then @The Scribe, other methods might have to be deployed. But attempting to tase him before he got to his vehicle, which to me was absolutely justified, may have kept this from being a shooting and is a perfect example of when a Taser can be effectively used.

 

Now, it's been said a dozen times above, but I will say it again...FOLLOW THE DANG ORDERS the police are giving you! Why oh why was this man hellbent on getting back to his car and attempting to or appearing to attempt to reach into the window? Thats not anywhere near a rational thought process...cops have guns out...they are ordering me to stop, lay/kneel down, hands behind back (or whatever they were ordering him to do, I assume something like this was being said)...but wait, instead of doing that I think I will ignore their orders, get back to my drivers side window and attempt to reach into it (or appear to possibly be doing that anyway). WHO THINKS THAT WAY! And, if someone is thinking that way, guess what a police officer is thinking? Well this guy just might be crazy/on something/full of rage...and someone like that might just mean to do me harm. He reaches into his window, I can't assume he's going to hand me some chocolates and flowers and tell me how wonderful the police department is.

 

It's just a very sad situation all the way around. A man is dead and a cop is (I would guess) in complete mental turmoil as I am quite sure about the last thing she wanted to do that day was shoot someone, especially in what could be construed as a questionable situation.

It appears to me in the video that the decedent walked to his vehicle, lowered at least his right hand attempted to reach inside. If the window was down and he reached inside this is gonna be on him. If the window was up she may have an issue.

  • Author
It appears to me in the video that the decedent walked to his vehicle, lowered at least his right hand attempted to reach inside. If the window was down and he reached inside this is gonna be on him. If the window was up she may have an issue.

 

 

One report I read said it was up.

One report I read said it was up.

 

We'll know soon enough. I do have one question, why are all officers not carrying tasers? I know they are not the end all be all, but if one officer is carrying why not others? If she could have tased this guy 30 feet from his car maybe it shuts this thing down, if not then you go with your firearm.

Read this article. Watch the video. Not exactly the same situation but its never a good idea to let someone go back to the car. I agree this is tragic. I dont think race had one thing to do with this. I do think it could have been handled different. But I agree with all the posters who said just do what you are told and this would never have happened.

 

Why Cops Don’t Let Suspects Return To Their Vehicles: The Murder of Kyle Dinkheller – Bearing Arms

How do you think black people feel when you call them ignorant for feeling the way they do about the way they have to approach living their lives? When you constantly tell them that what they feel isn't legitimate? You can't possibly know what it's like for PP2 or Deuce. You can't possibly know what it is like for PP2, as the parent of black teenage males. You want to spout some rhetoric about "it doesn't matter" or "race shouldn't matter", when it DOES matter. And there is no possible way for you to know why it matters to PP2. White privilege is the privilege of believing no one is judged based on their race. It's not true, though. What is true is that white people can pretend it doesn't exist, never have to wonder whether their whiteness causes fear in and of itself.

 

No pun intended, but this issue isn't as black and white ad many on here want to make it out to be. And when a man gets shot for unknown reasons, and he's black, then yes, there will be questions. And when people question whether the police were in the right, they aren't trying to simply bash the police. There has to be accountability. If the police expect that we all obey them, then the citizenry needs to have the trust that the police aren't automatically assuming the worst about the citizenry at every turn.

 

Great post. Thank you.

PCP was found in the truck.

 

Interesting but irrelevant in regards to good or bad shoot.

 

Truth and truth. I hate that I hope he was high on PCP but I can't lie. I hope he was high on PCP.

Maybe this has already been said in the couple hundred posts so far (and forgive me if it has), but if there was a gun found in the vehicle, would we view this incident any differently?

 

No.

Read this article. Watch the video. Not exactly the same situation but its never a good idea to let someone go back to the car. I agree this is tragic. I dont think race had one thing to do with this. I do think it could have been handled different. But I agree with all the posters who said just do what you are told and this would never have happened.

 

Why Cops Don’t Let Suspects Return To Their Vehicles: The Murder of Kyle Dinkheller – Bearing Arms

 

Indeed, you get out of the car, you're not to return till I say go back to your car.

Truth and truth. I hate that I hope he was high on PCP but I can't lie. I hope he was high on PCP.

 

Why do you hope he was?

Is there no audio from the shooting or have they just not released it yet?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.