Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

Small female cop VS large man possibly on PCP -- Taser isn't the choice.

 

This statement Is problematic. I don't agree that a person should be a field officer if they aren't able to perform any duties that are required. Most of the citizens this lady encounters are gonna be bigger and stronger than her, this shouldn't give a free pass to bypass the taser option.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PCP was found in the truck.

 

Interesting but irrelevant in regards to good or bad shoot.

 

Why wasn't this in the original reports? They obviously searched the car because they knew there was no gun. Where did the PCP come from?

In related news a black officer shoots a black guy who had a gun on him which was recovered at the scene , and black people rioted anyway. Injured 12 policeman. This attitude of the cops being the enemy is encouraging this type of stuff IMO. And it needs to stop . At least 12 Charlotte cops injured in protests following officer-involved death of black man | Fox News
Ah yes...... more peaceful protests. Well, black on black crime is being protested. Very disturbing situation..........glad I don't live near that area.
Ah yes...... more peaceful protests. Well, black on black crime is being protested.

 

Yeah, I guess they heard the fallout on that whole knee thing and said screw it.

Why wasn't this in the original reports? They obviously searched the car because they knew there was no gun. Where did the PCP come from?
Planted by the police?
Yeah, I guess they heard the fallout on that whole knee thing and said screw it.
Not to make light of a tragedy, but that is funny. Good sense of humor.
This statement Is problematic. I don't agree that a person should be a field officer if they aren't able to perform any duties that are required. Most of the citizens this lady encounters are gonna be bigger and stronger than her, this shouldn't give a free pass to bypass the taser option.

 

I had the same thought as well. If she is so small or poorly trained that she immediately needs to draw a gun on an uncooperative, but non-violent, suspect she might be in the wrong line of work. I get that she was initially alone but immediately going to the gun when the suspect is walking away with his hands up seems a bit much.

Planted by the police?

 

Well if they didn't find it when they searched and found no gun, one could assume as much.

Small female cop VS large man possibly on PCP -- Taser isn't the choice.

 

Then maybe she needs a new profession.

Not to make light of a tragedy, but that is funny. Good sense of humor.

 

I'm always good for an inappropriate joke. I blame Dave Chappelle. :D

Well if they didn't find it when they searched and found no gun, one could assume as much.

 

Good point.

First bolded...not the same, but a LOT of similarities, especially the basics...guy is out of vehicle, disobeys commands, goes back to vehicle. On the main points they are very similar.

 

Second bolded. Why do you think most traffic stops are made? Thousands of altercations start with pulling someone over because they were speeding, weaving, bad tail light, etc. Those (and other relatively "minor" traffic offenses) are the very reason most cars are pulled over to start with. So yes, ANY stop has the potential to go bad simply because the officer usually has no clue who he is stopping. And thinking that a stop won't go bad simply because the officer pulled a guy over for speeding is the sort of thinking that can catch an officer off guard and find him/herself "in it" quick.

 

The one place where I would say they were "dis-similar" was that the officer was alone. In that case, I would have understood a quicker trigger displayed than what was. Of course 1998 was a different climate than right now.

 

The Tulsa incident there are multiple support officers which should lend itself to being able to control the situation better.

 

That's the only real difference I see in the two.

The one place where I would say they were "dis-similar" was that the officer was alone. In that case, I would have understood a quicker trigger displayed than what was. Of course 1998 was a different climate than right now.

 

The Tulsa incident there are multiple support officers which should lend itself to being able to control the situation better.

 

That's the only real difference I see in the two.

 

Good point in being alone. Other than that, yes very similar and probably much more similar than different.

Did you see the picture in the article that seems to show the driver's window rolled up with blood smeared on it?

 

Which article?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.