Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tulsa Police Shooting Questioned

Featured Replies

  • Replies 599
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post #265...

 

All I am seeing is videos in that article. What am I missing?

So she had a taser and the window was up....Not good for her.

If the window was up that isn't good for her. Whether she had a taser or not is irrelevant. She pulled her gun when she was one on one with suspect. No chance she accidentally pulled her gun meaning to pull her taser.

All I am seeing is videos in that article. What am I missing?

 

It's right there in the article. I can't help you from there.

  • Author

edit

The window being up or down I think is what will decide this one. If the window was up it will be extremely difficult for officer Shelby to defend what she did. If it was down, I think it will still be difficult but she would have a chance.

 

I think the drugs, tasers, ect. are all just white noise as far as legally for her.

 

Rockets comments earlier about her shooting due to hearing the taser go off is very interesting. If that was the case she's in big trouble.

All I am seeing is videos in that article. What am I missing?

 

It is on the civet of one of the videos. Here's the picture:

 

enlarged-photo-from-crutcher-shooting1.jpeg

Time for all cops to be equipped with chest-cams with audio that activate as soon as they leave the vehicle. That is the only way you're ever going to get the full picture of incidents like this one.

Around the 38 second mark of the helicopter video it shows the location of the guy and the location of the officer - she is by the rear bumper of the vehicle , no way she could tell whether the window was up or down . It appears the guy is leaning in towards the window .

In a high pressure , intense standoff with a citizen that is disobeying numerous request ( sorry for assuming since we dont have audio but I cant imagine the cops were not screaming STOP ) how much time does any officer have to decide whether a person is reaching thru a window or not . If you guess ( since from the location of the officer you cant see the window ) wrong the citizen can quite possibly grab a weapon and open fire .

In a high pressure , intense standoff with a citizen that is disobeying numerous request ( sorry for assuming since we dont have audio but I cant imagine the cops were not screaming STOP ) how much time does any officer have to decide whether a person is reaching thru a window or not . If you guess ( since from the location of the officer you cant see the window ) wrong the citizen can quite possibly grab a weapon and open fire .

 

That might be acceptable had she not said that she cleared the driver's side earlier. That wasn't the first time she had seen the window.

That might be acceptable had she not said that she cleared the driver's side earlier. That wasn't the first time she had seen the window.

 

I had not seen this before. If that's the case, it sure puts a new light on things.

That might be acceptable had she not said that she cleared the driver's side earlier. That wasn't the first time she had seen the window.

The door was open when she arrived. It's possible she did not notice one way or the other about the window.

I had not seen this before. If that's the case, it sure puts a new light on things.

 

From the second article in Clyde's original post:

 

Wood said Shelby cleared — or checked — the SUV from the driver's side and was about to clear the passenger side when Crutcher approached from the east. The backup officer arrived and drew his Taser, Wood said. The Taser deployment and gunshot were simultaneous because both officers perceived the same threat, he said.

The door was open when she arrived. It's possible she did not notice one way or the other about the window.

 

Did it shut itself?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.