Pittsburgh 24 Cincinnati 16

1. Does the NFL automatically review all scoring plays? Should they have reviewed Uzomah's catch without a challenge flag?

I asked that question yesterday, if they automatically review every scoring play, shouldn't by extension they also review every play around the end-zone that "may" be a scoring play? Seems inconsistent.

The most concerning thing to me (honestly, I didn't think Boyd would be reversed because while the knee was down, he isn't down until touched, and I'm not sure you could determine when downed versus when ball dislodged) is our complete lack of any threat to run the ball. What Dalton and the receivers are doing in the air with zero threat of a running game is shockingly good to me. To throw for what he did yesterday, with zero running game, on the road, in spotty weather, with no picks...that is good enough to win. If they don't get the running game fixed, Dalton is either going to get broken in half, or we are going to be so one-dimensional it isn't going to matter.

Von Miller coming off the right side of our line this week, with no threat of a running game, will end poorly frequently.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Von Miller is going to decapitate Dalton on Sunday. I'd genuinely fear for my life if I were Andy come Sunday. :lol2:

Big game for Shane Ray this week with Ware out. Good luck with Whit, young fella.

I think they'd be wise to keep a back or TE to help on the right side.

At least you get them at home.

I asked that question yesterday, if they automatically review every scoring play, shouldn't by extension they also review every play around the end-zone that "may" be a scoring play? Seems inconsistent.

The most concerning thing to me (honestly, I didn't think Boyd would be reversed because while the knee was down, he isn't down until touched, and I'm not sure you could determine when downed versus when ball dislodged) is our complete lack of any threat to run the ball. What Dalton and the receivers are doing in the air with zero threat of a running game is shockingly good to me. To throw for what he did yesterday, with zero running game, on the road, in spotty weather, with no picks...that is good enough to win. If they don't get the running game fixed, Dalton is either going to get broken in half, or we are going to be so one-dimensional it isn't going to matter.

Von Miller coming off the right side of our line this week, with no threat of a running game, will end poorly frequently.

If Boyd's knee is down before contact, it is impossible by definition for that to be a fumble caused by contact. The instant he is touched with a knee down, the play ends. He is down. If a player is laying on the ground with the ball and a defender jumps on him, it cannot be a fumble. If Boyd's knee is down before Harrison touches him, the only way that is a fumble is if Boyd has lost control of the ball before the contact.

If Boyd's knee is down before contact, it is impossible by definition for that to be a fumble caused by contact. The instant he is touched with a knee down, the play ends. He is down. If a player is laying on the ground with the ball and a defender jumps on him, it cannot be a fumble. If Boyd's knee is down before Harrison touches him, the only way that is a fumble is if Boyd has lost control of the ball before the contact.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm on the same side you are. I'm just telling you I wasn't shocked when it wasn't reversed. I was furious. I was mad. I may have said a bad word. I wasn't shocked.

Dean Blandino said the right call was made. I now believe Dean Blandino shouldn't have a job. :lol2:

I didn't watch the game, so I can't comment on the holding or the TD that wasn't, but I did flip it on just in time to see the fumble. There is no way anyone believes that's a fumble. Knee was clearly on the ground, ball still in Boyd's possession.

I don't think it would've mattered, but how do the officials keep screwing up these plays even with replay? It was a clear, no doubt reversal.

Big game for Shane Ray this week with Ware out. Good luck with Whit, young fella.

I think they'd be wise to keep a back or TE to help on the right side.

At least you get them at home.

IMO, Wolfe will have the biggest impact. The Bengals just can't run the ball consistently. They won't this week either.

IMO, Wolfe will have the biggest impact. The Bengals just can't run the ball consistently. They won't this week either.

It doesn't help that the Bengals faced really good run defenses the first 2 weeks, and now this week too. The Jets and Steelers both were top 5 run defenses last year.

It doesn't help that the Bengals faced really good run defenses the first 2 weeks, and now this week too. The Jets and Steelers both were top 5 run defenses last year.

I understand it. And they'll face that caliber of D in the playoffs. It will be their Achilles' Heel.

Dean Blandino said the right call was made. I now believe Dean Blandino shouldn't have a job. :lol2:

I didn't watch the game, so I can't comment on the holding or the TD that wasn't, but I did flip it on just in time to see the fumble. There is no way anyone believes that's a fumble. Knee was clearly on the ground, ball still in Boyd's possession.

I don't think it would've mattered, but how do the officials keep screwing up these plays even with replay? It was a clear, no doubt reversal.

It all comes down to the explanation after the review. They said the play stands! That means that there was no visual evidence to overturn the call on the field of a fumble because they didn't have a clear angle showing when the ball came out. I think everyone can see that before there was contact you couldn't see the ball and his knee was down. It was only after the contact that you could see the ball and his knee was down prior to contact. Just poor use of the review process. NFL officiating gets worse every year which just substantiates the need for full-time officials. I know the season is 6 months long and basically a weekend job but regardless they still do a bad job of making the right calls and something needs to change.

So, do you think they've invested poorly in their OL? I'm asking because I know they had 2 picks last year early, if I'm recalling correctly.

To early to tell on the 2 picks from last year. I think they will be good. I think they messed up when they signed back their LG Boling back to a big deal. He has never been that great imo, and we seen how much better our running game got in 2013 when he got hurt and Whit went to guard. Then obviously the center spot is not great. So it's the inside spots they are struggling with.