Racists

Voice of Reason

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm either the eternal optimist or extremely naïve . I was going to guess 5 % .. Maybe not on the Islama phobia as Muslims are doing all sorts of horrific things that are hitting the airwaves recently . But I'd guess everyone differently defines what a racist really is .

I still don't particularly agree with gay marriage but as long as religious institutions aren't forced to perform them I really don't care, am I homophobic?

I believe that Muslims from other countries that try to enter the United States should be subject to enhanced vetting, am I Islamophobic?

I believe that violence among African Americans in our cities is a scourge and that the "leaders" of the African American community have done little to help the situation, am I racist?

I believe that American citizens should have more rights and freedoms then people here illegally, am I a bigot?

Until there is a definition of exactly what constitutes in the original posters eyes it's impossible to answer.

What percentage of Americans do you think are racists, bigots, homophobic and Islamophobic?

I start at 80% of us are racist, bigots, homophobic or Islamophobic. I think Islamophobia brings racist blacks and racist whites together and I agree that Islamophobia is the worst of these four choices because it is more acceptable in our country to be Islamophobic than anything else. The code word for that is patriotic.

Racism is latent in some ways these days and bigots don't hide anymore thanks to social media.

Homophobia is more latent these days as it is no longer acceptable to be openly homophobic like it was 10-15 years ago.

The problem with racism from both sides of the aisle is that people think they aren't racist or that they don't come across as racist simply because they have a white girlfriend or their best friend is black. It's a problem on both sides and no one is immune.

I still don't particularly agree with gay marriage but as long as religious institutions aren't forced to perform them I really don't care, am I homophobic?

I believe that Muslims from other countries that try to enter the United States should be subject to enhanced vetting, am I Islamophobic?

I believe that violence among African Americans in our cities is a scourge and that the "leaders" of the African American community have done little to help the situation, am I racist?

I believe that American citizens should have more rights and freedoms then people here illegally, am I a bigot?

Until there is a definition of exactly what constitutes in the original posters eyes it's impossible to answer.

I don't feel any of those opinions/stances would land you in any of the buckets mentioned.

The code word for that is patriotic.

I couldn't disagree with that any stronger . Why should I feel under attack for being a true patriot ? I deeply love America , I hate to see us divided , to other people that means I hate muslims ? I hate this code word stuff , If I have something to say - I'll say it .

Does homophobic mean that I am actually afraid of homosexuals?

I am not even sure homophobic is an actual word. I think it is just something people say. If it is an actual word, the it would be short for Homophobia, which if my linguistic skills are sharp would mean "Fear of the same" or "Fear of being the same"

But I guess it would depend on is homophobic is used as an adjective or a noun.

I have a headache.