Racists

Voice of Reason

I found this list of charts measuring racism online:

1 Charts Show How '''Racist''' America Really Is

Here is another online story to consider:

Millennials Are Less Racially Tolerant Than You Think

My inclination on racism is 50% of white people are racist on some level. After looking at these links and other info, I am now more inclined to say 60%. That is very sad. The worst piece of info I saw is in the second link where it says millenials are only slightly less racist than those over 60. As I think about that, I attribute the higher than I expected number for millenials to life inexperience. I would guess the least racist age bracket to be around 35-45, perhaps even up to 50.

IMO most of this is because of parenting. Parents want to control every aspect of their child's life now, especially the social and educational areas, leading the child to live the life tailored by the parent. Therefore my take on millenials being more racist is a direct effect of their parents being that way as well.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that I am racist in many regards, wish I could say I wasn't but I am and despite a conscious effort to try and not be I find that often I am thinking in a racist way even before I realize I shouldn't be. Though I am much better than my granddad and my dad but this is a different time. I can say that I don't think my children are or at least not nearly as much so as myself.