Stoops on thin ice?

Fire Inside

I have to believe Stoops is on thin ice at UK. This is his 4th season and they look worse the first two games than they ever had. In the same year Stoops was hired, Arkansas hired Bielema and UT hired Jones and both those schools have improved a ton. And KY has probably took yet another step backwards in the SEC. Probably nothing, when your QB completes more passes to the other team than his own. You have went backwards, IMO. You cant blame it on the administration. They have expanded Commonwealth and put in new practice facilities that are simply awesome. I don't buy into the crap that UK is a basketball school. Simply because of the facilities the football team has. And baseball, girls basketball and some of the smaller sports we don't speak about like golf or gymnastics have has success too.

I have said for year UK maybe the best football coaching job in the country. You win 6 games make the Music City Bowl and the fans love you. Don't believe me, just ask Rich Brooks. No pressure to win a National Championship here. Win six every year and every third year upset a Georgia or Ole Miss and get a little better bowl, and you are golden. But Stoops cant seem to figure that out. I think we hired a name and we (including me) bought into it. I don't know where to go from here but I believe something has to be done and soon.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, progress in year 4 at UK is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. Southern Miss is a team UK is supposed to beat. I wanted to see them compete against Florida, but did not expect them to beat them. Patience is needed at UK considering they are in the SEC, but in year 4 they need to be able to beat the lower level teams on the schedule. It took Rich Brooks more than 4 years to turn the program around.

What does it say when: A. coaches we have hired had a good track record at previous schools until they come to UK, & B. coaches we have let go because of our lack of success go to other schools & have success again, & come back & beat us in the process?

Tells me the coordinators aren't the problem. The HC is the problem. After all it is the HC who is in charge of how things are run and what schemes are run etc.

I have no idea if he is but is jmo they shouldn't let him go. ....that is unless Barnhart has a good "Experienced" coach that can recruit real well in mind and already lined up. Considering UK's football past, there's probably not many, if any good, proven coaches that would want the job. At UK, coach hasn't mattered much, never had the amount of talent and/or especially talented depth it takes to be a consistent winner in Major college / power 5 conf. fb.

IMO, progress in year 4 at UK is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. Southern Miss is a team UK is supposed to beat. I wanted to see them compete against Florida, but did not expect them to beat them. Patience is needed at UK considering they are in the SEC, but in year 4 they need to be able to beat the lower level teams on the schedule. It took Rich Brooks more than 4 years to turn the program around.

Brooks went 7-5 and won a bowl in year 4 coming off of probation.