Stoops on thin ice?

Fire Inside

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Jones just said on KSR that a person close to Shannon Dawson says UK didn't even change their play call signs from last season and Dawson was simply telling the defensive coordinator what was coming. Ouch if that's true.

It wasn't the offensive signs, it was the defensive signs they didn't change. Said it took Dawson half the game to realize it. That's why the So. Miss offense had so much success in the second half. Dawson would wait for UK to call their defense then Dawson would change the play.

It wasn't the offensive signs, it was the defensive signs they didn't change. Said it took Dawson half the game to realize it. That's why the So. Miss offense had so much success in the second half. Dawson would wait for UK to call their defense then Dawson would change the play.

Either way, that's really bad.

There's been a ton of discussion on Stoops $12M buyout if he's fired. According to Matt Jones the buyout if Stoops leaves on his own is $0. So Barnhart was so concerned with Stoops leaving for a better job he signs him to an extention to get him locked in and here for the long haul, yet he's not locked in. If Stoops won the NT and Bama came calling it wouldn't cost Bama or Stoops a dime for him to leave. How is that possible.

MJ also said the only other coach in the SEC with that deal is Saban. To add to it they could only find 3-4 coaches nationally with that deal.

There's been a ton of discussion on Stoops $12M buyout if he's fired. According to Matt Jones the buyout if Stoops leaves on his own is $0. So Barnhart was so concerned with Stoops leaving for a better job he signs him to an extention to get him locked in and here for the long haul, yet he's not locked in. If Stoops won the NT and Bama came calling it wouldn't cost Bama or Stoops a dime for him to leave. How is that possible.

MJ also said the only other coach in the SEC with that deal is Saban. To add to it they could only find 3-4 coaches nationally with that deal.

These contracts are written with recruiting in mind. This allows coaches to go into kids living rooms and say hey look, this administration is committed to winning...We have great deals as coaches and we want to be at this university ect...we are getting all new facilities...

I think this has helped recruiting...problem is, we seem to have a coaching staff that can't get their act together on the field and produce competitive improving football teams.

These contracts are written with recruiting in mind. This allows coaches to go into kids living rooms and say hey look, this administration is committed to winning...We have great deals as coaches and we want to be at this university ect...we are getting all new facilities...

I think this has helped recruiting...problem is, we seem to have a coaching staff that can't get their act together on the field and produce competitive improving football teams.

I get what you're saying but how does a contract that allows Stoops to leave with no penalty help recruiting? I would think it would hurt if anything.

I get what you're saying but how does a contract that allows Stoops to leave with no penalty help recruiting? I would think it would hurt if anything.

My best guess to this is it was Barnhart's way of showing trust...with that said, I think UK fans at this moment would be glad to see him leave on his own account.