Stoops on thin ice?

Fire Inside

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Stoops really coaching? Obviously I haven't been to the games this season, but, when they put the camera on him all he is doing is standing there with a puzzled look on his face. He's not talking on the head set, don't know if there plugged in or not. He shows no emotion at all. Doesn't say anything to the players coming off the field or entering the game. Never see him talk to his coaching staff at all. He's like a statue standing there, wouldn't pay 12 mill for that statue.

The next coach if they get one will have no worries. It can't get any worse than it is right now, it can only get better.

Is Stoops really coaching? Obviously I haven't been to the games this season, but, when they put the camera on him all he is doing is standing there with a puzzled look on his face. He's not talking on the head set, don't know if there plugged in or not. He shows no emotion at all. Doesn't say anything to the players coming off the field or entering the game. Never see him talk to his coaching staff at all. He's like a statue standing there, wouldn't pay 12 mill for that statue.

The next coach if they get one will have no worries. It can't get any worse than it is right now, it can only get better.

I'm sure if you go back 5 years you will see that exact same post referring to Joker Phillips.

If these two games took place in November he would be gone. But since they're the first two games, Stoops does have the ability to change the view of this season. He has to beat the teams UK has the ability to beat, and be competitive with UGA and UT. Another collapse like the previous two weeks it would be hard to justify keeping him around.

Football has struggled, but overall UK Athletics are improving...facilities are improved for every sport and good coaches are in place.

Blaiming the AD is a lazy way out, IMO.

Mitch hired Cal. At Kentucky, that means he's untouchable.

I disagree. Who wouldn't have hired Cal? Its not like he had to recruit Cal to go coach at Mississippi State or Rutgers or some lowly school. It's Kentucky man you don't need a good AD to hire a great coach. Thats like saying OSU or Bama needed a great AD to get Urban Meyer and Nick Saban to come to their respective schools. I think not looking at the AD because he hired a great basketball coach is taking the lazy way out.