Stoops on thin ice?

Fire Inside

My best guess to this is it was Barnhart's way of showing trust...with that said, I think UK fans at this moment would be glad to see him leave on his own account.

I think it shows how bad Barnhart is at working these deals. He got taken to the cleaners. If you aren't going to lock him in with a buyout then it only makes it more perplexing why he gave him the extension. I think give him $3.5 million a year when he had done nothing yet showed plenty of trust. This contract was all give and no take on UK's part.

I agree on the second part.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Jones just said on KSR that a person close to Shannon Dawson says UK didn't even change their play call signs from last season and Dawson was simply telling the defensive coordinator what was coming. Ouch if that's true.

I guess it's possible, but I find it difficult to believe that a new OC would have the same signs as the old OC.

I think it shows how bad Barnhart is at working these deals. He got taken to the cleaners. If you aren't going to lock him in with a buyout then it only makes it more perplexing why he gave him the extension. I think give him $3.5 million a year when he had done nothing yet showed plenty of trust. This contract was all give and no take on UK's part.

I agree on the second part.

I agree with you, Barnhart made a bad deal...I think after year 1, he probably felt he had made a good hire... the staff was really working hard in recruiting and the energy around the program was high.

What he didn't know, was that Stoops was going to micro manage the offense and not develop a defense...and player development was going to be poor.