Trace Young Transfers to N Hardin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as eligibility goes, he's 18 (19 in December) so he can probably just move wherever he wants and be eligible

His age was never the issue with eligibility. His complete defiance of the KHSAA is. If I was a high school coach I would not want this kid on my team.

His age was never the issue with eligibility. His complete defiance of the KHSAA is. If I was a high school coach I would not want this kid on my team.

North hasn't been to state in a few years. They probably figure pairing him with Jackson, the best player in the region, can get them back there in what seems to be a fairly wide-open 5th Region.

In the young man's defense, he would have stayed at Cordia if Coach Rhodes was still there. Also, I can see his logic moving from Ohio County to Apollo, then Apollo to Huntington Prep. I believe if he was still at Huntington we wouldn't be having this conversation. Kid just wants to play somewhere that gives him the most opportunity/exposure, to me there is no harm in that. I hate to say the playing for school pride is almost a thing of the past, as the better kids are now starting to realize AAU is where they get scouted and not high school. I'd hate to see this but the way things are going you may see more prep/club basketball being played than regular high school.

Good luck to Trace, it's really difficult to explain situations like this unless you've been apart of the circus. He and Jackson should do good things at North Hardin. It won't be a cake walk for then though. North Hardin lost some important pieces from that team last year.

I wish him the best of luck. They should do well in the 5th, but way too many holes in both players game to go any further. Trace is a great athlete, and he can jump out of the gym, but the games I have seen him play, he is a take away the drive and make him shoot type of player from 15 feet and out, and he doesn't seem to shoot it very well. Jackson on the other hand doesn't have a spot on the floor that he doesn't think he cant make it from. He puts up a lot of points, but he takes ALOT of shots. Again, just my observations based on the 4-5 times I have seen both of them play.

I am not a big fan of the AAU mentality of school switching in HS, but in most cases I don't think it works because the best HS basketball teams that go on to play at state, play a structured game on both ends and not the AAU style of run up and down the court no defensive that most AAU games have become, regardless, it should be a fun year for sure.

In the young man's defense, he would have stayed at Cordia if Coach Rhodes was still there. Also, I can see his logic moving from Ohio County to Apollo, then Apollo to Huntington Prep. I believe if he was still at Huntington we wouldn't be having this conversation. Kid just wants to play somewhere that gives him the most opportunity/exposure, to me there is no harm in that. I hate to say the playing for school pride is almost a thing of the past, as the better kids are now starting to realize AAU is where they get scouted and not high school. I'd hate to see this but the way things are going you may see more prep/club basketball being played than regular high school.

I doubt he would have stayed at Cordia if Rhodes were still there, he was ruled ineligible by the KHSAA! And I'm predicting he won't be eligible at North Hardin either!

Opportunity/exposure are you serious? A player as good as Trace is going be found!

Edited by bugatti

Heard some not good rumblings about his situation at North Hardin this week. District 17 (Central Hardin and Etown) kids have some let's just say very concerned and influential members of the community.

Nobody has anything to say about big guy that transfered in to JHHS tho. Just saying