Trace Young Transfers to N Hardin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let them transfer. Personally I'm all for getting rid of most of the transfer rules that occur in the offseason. Mid season transfers are a different story. It's all about what's best for the kids. If they think they will have a better chance to get a college look at another school then so be it. As long as they are completing the coursework that is required and making the grades then let them play wherever they think is best. We are talking about teenage high school kids here. Some of us act like they are property of a school and should be penalized for wanting to do what could be best for their athletic careers. I know I'm one of very few who feel this way but it's JMHO. I hope Trace is able to play at North this year and I hope he has a great season! Best of luck to the kid.

Let them transfer. Personally I'm all for getting rid of most of the transfer rules that occur in the offseason. Mid season transfers are a different story. It's all about what's best for the kids. If they think they will have a better chance to get a college look at another school then so be it. As long as they are completing the coursework that is required and making the grades then let them play wherever they think is best. We are talking about teenage high school kids here. Some of us act like they are property of a school and should be penalized for wanting to do what could be best for their athletic careers. I know I'm one of very few who feel this way but it's JMHO. I hope Trace is able to play at North this year and I hope he has a great season! Best of luck to the kid.

I agree with you totally.

Yep:thumb:

Except transferring only raises red flags for college coaches.

College scholarships are decided during the summer and not during the high school season. Very few college coaches scout high school games. having watched a lot of top level guys over the years I can only recall a couple of occasions when college coaches were present at a game. And they were top level guys who weren't getting scouted. The coaches were simply there to be seen by the recruit.

The drama surrounding multiple transfers hurts kids. Now, if they go from their school to Huntington prep or somewhere else that's a top prep school it doesn't hurt. But when you transfer 3 or 4 times it raises red flags.

I hope it works out for Trace. I've never had issues with the transferring either. If you have never been apart of the AAU and recruiting circus, it might be difficult to see it in Trace's light. The kid is 6'8 ish, with a nice all around game. It's difficult to find a "right fit" for him because Kentucky don't put out a lot of those type of kids (in my opinion). My son had to deal with this his first two years of high school. Big man, Big man, Big man.....post up, post up, post up...and you never get a chance to show your real skill set. Let him transfer, good luck to him and anyone else who decides to transfer. The kid a John Hardin played AAU with team vision I think. I don't really know where he played high school ball at last year; but his situation is a little different. His paperwork won't have nearly as much scrutiny/attention as Trace's.....IMO

Except transferring only raises red flags for college coaches.

College scholarships are decided during the summer and not during the high school season. Very few college coaches scout high school games. having watched a lot of top level guys over the years I can only recall a couple of occasions when college coaches were present at a game. And they were top level guys who weren't getting scouted. The coaches were simply there to be seen by the recruit.

The drama surrounding multiple transfers hurts kids. Now, if they go from their school to Huntington prep or somewhere else that's a top prep school it doesn't hurt. But when you transfer 3 or 4 times it raises red flags.

Your post is contradictory. First you say that high school doesn't matter. Then you say multiple transfers in high school does.

I'd say you could essentially not play in high school and only play AAU and be fine. I disagree with your transfer notion.

I am planning to say something along these lines in my next podcast. Tune in!!!!

Your post is contradictory. First you say that high school doesn't matter. Then you say multiple transfers in high school does.

I'd say you could essentially not play in high school and only play AAU and be fine. I disagree with your transfer notion.

Not at all. What I'm saying is that Cosches don't scout high school games. But they do pay attention to behavior. Kids who transfer multiple times for basketball purposes often times have a circus surrounding them. The act of transferring can raise red flags. Not saying it's always accurate to think that but it can raise red flags.

I am serious, Huntington Prep plays at a different level then any high school in Kentucky. Lets put it this way, instead of 2 high major Division 1 coaches at his high school game there will be double digit high major Division 1 coaches at his game. To be honest I just hope the young man finds his way and has a successful senior year.

• 4 weeks later...

He will be eligible wherever he goes because he didn't play last year and the rule says if u sit out a year then u are eligible the next year.

And talking about transfers u can't just let players transfer without rules because u would have one or two teams in every region who would win every year. Whoever would spend the most money would win