Trace Young Transfers to N Hardin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say the opposite...If HS ball doesn't matter much to college recruiting, then what difference does it make what HS you play at? I don't want to see HS kids transfering all over the place taking away HS opportunities for kids who grew up in the school system and teams loading up with transfers to try to win the state tournament. HS shouldn't have a recruiting system like college.

I wish that the KHSAA would allow 1 transfer after a kid starts playing varsity ball and that's all unless there is an immediate family change situation (and I don't believe in a Coach gaining guardianship if there is an available relative). JMHO.

I'm going to say the opposite...If HS ball doesn't matter much to college recruiting, then what difference does it make what HS you play at? I don't want to see HS kids transfering all over the place taking away HS opportunities for kids who grew up in the school system and teams loading up with transfers to try to win the state tournament. HS shouldn't have a recruiting system like college.

I wish that the KHSAA would allow 1 transfer after a kid starts playing varsity ball and that's all unless there is an immediate family change situation (and I don't believe in a Coach gaining guardianship if there is an available relative). JMHO.

You bring up a good point. While I agree recruitment all comes from the AAU and shoe summer programs, there is one exception, The state tournament. Many kids that were never seen will get a look at the state tourney. Great place for recruiters to go see the best of the best from KY. in a short window. That encourages kids to transfer around to form that superstar team.